BIG DADDY BLIZZARD COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
No its up there Charlie along the menu tab.middle top of the page. Choose- maps- drop down-Sattelite-water vapor than enlarge the map and choose animate. Vola finis.The pay version which costs me 12 dollars a month has longer animations associated with all of their various maps.Also there are no advertisers on the web site.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Look over texas, Do you see the bright colored orange water vapor turning in the last minute frame and forming the Southern Branch Low pressure.
The darker green over Dallas is twisting counter clockwise and the subtropical jet the oranges are now being fed Northward into the storm.In bottle terms
Rick you just dug a puce rare historical flask.Meterologically speaking the perfect storm is about to unfold.All of the ingredients and players on the table are starting to come together.Now look up at the top right over the Canadian Maritime Province's.The yellow bands are coming south west rotating clockwise.This is the high pressure building in which will also halt the Eastern progression of the storm and help to steer it Northward.This feature also determines how long the storm stays in any given area.This storm means BUSINESS.Check back on this map feature link occasionally over the next couple of days to watch the Genisis of an East Coast monumental storm one for the record books.Someone will be measuring the snow in yard sticks. I just hope the wind damage and beach erosion are kept to a minimum.Here is the link again.

http://www.accuweather.com/maps-satellite.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&site=UN&type=wv&anim=1&large=1

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Another neat map to look at.The key to this storms formation is the high pressure ridge centered north and east of Maine.
You can clearly see in the picture clockwise rotation around the high which will steer the storm right up the coast just like a bowling ball in the alley

http://www.accuweather.com/radar-large.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&level=regional&site=US_&type=rs&anim=1&large=1

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Last one my own weather map done in paint, not the best program but all I have on this computer.This is where the storm will be on Thursday evening.
The pink line is the axis path the storm will take northwest.The northern extent of the storm reaches Buffalo and than actually turns and rotates south east back across Southy jersey and out to sea on Saturday.

421081BAB8104EE0964EF1F3A2852874.jpg

Attachments

• 421081BAB8104EE0964EF1F3A2852874.jpg
    421081BAB8104EE0964EF1F3A2852874.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 50

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Look at the last frame at the coast of South Carolina see the hook turning north.
This is the water vapor loop radar from Colorado state university.

http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/trop_ge_wv_ls_0.html

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Here is a still of the looped frame water vapor shot.The Southern portion has begun its turn to the northeast to meet the upper low at the Virginia capes
By this evening you will begin to see the explosive developement on the coast.The high pressure anchored off of the Canadian maritimes with its clockwise flow is whole reason for the developement of this storm.First it will help steer the storm north and than north westward second it will block the storm from going any farther north than upstate New York.It will actually turn and head back south east off of Long Island and New Jersey.

637FE09A3BAC48E68383FA7368131FCB.jpg

Attachments

• 637FE09A3BAC48E68383FA7368131FCB.jpg
    637FE09A3BAC48E68383FA7368131FCB.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 45

woody

Reaction score
Most of what we're getting in the northeast is a few inches of wet, heavy snow.
Looks like another bust, instead of the 12-15 inches they forecasted.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
steve have you heard anything else about this storm?? i'm hearing all kinds of different things about it. i have heard anywhere from 3-6 inchs in south jersey to 12- 20 inches[8|]. kinda hard to say if i will have work tomorrow lol.~matt

morbious_fod

Reaction score
My best friend who is stationed at Fort Hood Texas just informed me that yesterday they got a decent snow storm and that they had enough for him to build a five foot high snow man in his yard. At the moment we in the backwoods of southwest virgina are getting dumped on. I'm hoping it doesn't amount to much, but it is already laying on good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter