DIGGERS TV SHOW TONIGHT!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
About the show... It certainly wasn't as offensively bad as people here are describing. Sure, they focused a little too much on value, but I think they mentioned donating some stuff to the museum at the prison, and their reactions were priceless. You can't fake that kind of enthusiasm. They were genuinely "interesting" characters, and remind me strikingly of digging you tube personalities, including our own Sick Rick. The dares they did remind me of something Rick would do, and I mean that in a good way.

I think the ease in which they made money will inspire people to look into metal detecting. Then when they see the price of a metal detector, they'll be quickly un-inspired.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
The actual show held my interest when I had it on mute. The constant use of the slang "juice" really made me want to beat the guy senseless if ever I come across him. Think he was beat quite a lot due to the way he talks. It's like a stutter slurry of spitty, sour, shut-up-ed-ness.

The other guy is the side kick and actually gets beat on bets by "king George". What a shame.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

You can't fake that kind of enthusiasm.
Ever heard of "acting"? It's TV for gosh sakes.

Refer to "The Scott's Emulsion man" OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OHHHHEEEEEEEEEE I TOLD YOU WE WERE IN SOMEONES BACK FILL!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAOHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! FREAKS

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
"The Scott's Emulsion man"
I can't say I remember what your speaking of.

E2AF073C0F314FB4B014FEDE26C1BC8E.jpg

Attachments

• E2AF073C0F314FB4B014FEDE26C1BC8E.jpg
    E2AF073C0F314FB4B014FEDE26C1BC8E.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 71

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: madpaddla

Anyone have a link so I can watch the show?
Hi MP, my cable company shows it playing again this Saturday at 10-11pm and Sunday at 11-12pm. It doesn't appear to be in the regular lineup yet because it's not showing up next week at all in the NGC lineup. IMDB doesn't even have a page about the show and NGC doesn't seem to have anything about it either...

I have a feeling this might not see the light of day down the road...Jim

baltbottles

Reaction score
One problem is many sites are days away from the buldozer and the best you are going to get is a salvage dig.
No one is willing to pay to properly excavate these sites so its better to have someone dig them before they are totally lost.

I would have to agree all of the most interesting 18th century privies I have dug were on sites that were being excavated to a depth below the bottom of the privys we dug. On all of these sites no formal archaeology was done. If it wasn't for us all the artifacts would have been lost and interesting research on the site that followed never would have been done.

Chris

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hello Jeff I'm glad to learn more from archeologists opinions on this hobby that at one point in its history was quite popular. Is there more to learn about how the 17,18,19th centuries average American cooked,ate,slept,medicated(you get the idea). I am not referring to Native American sites just privies, dumps, foundations that sort of stuff. The boneheads on this show do not represent the majority of people in this hobby, in fact they make a great argument for contraception. I believe it is our right to do what we do with permission on public and private land, with regards to bottle collecting.
I have my own business(food) for over 20 years now employ over 25 and know all about regulations existing and new ones (always) on the way. I for one am over being regulated in just about everything I do. I read stories about a seven year olds lemonade stand being shut down in Oregon,kids lunch from home being inspected and sent home for not meeting Federal guidelines in North Carolina and it really gets me upset.
This hobby is very dear to me and Im worried it is in jeapordy from those who think they know better than I. Sorry for digressing Jeff but I would like to know what the archeologist community envisions for the future of this hobby.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson