DIGGERS TV SHOW TONIGHT!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Before 1980, there was very little historical archaeology going on in CA. The emphasis was on pre-contact Indian cultures. I remember sires where earth was taken down to about 18' below street grade and the bottom 3' of many privy pits were exposed and left that way for weeks. That allowed us to get into the site area and dig the remainder out. It was OP gravy and we did not have to worry about filling or leaving a mess. Clean out the glass and go. Lots of black glass Hostetter's, Schnappers, and sodas, both Western and Eastern. The best Eastern one that I can recall was a cherry puce Boardman's. Lots'a leaverites like Burgin and Sons, cheezy Parker's and others, but many boxes of major keepers. Not an archy to be seen; they didn't get on the historical bandwagon until several years later. One prick of an A-hole was Adrian Pritz-Ellis, a Sonoma State College professor who really was convinced that his poop was lovely.

wolffbp

Reaction score
Refer to "The Scott's Emulsion man" OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OHHHHEEEEEEEEEE I TOLD YOU WE WERE IN SOMEONES BACK FILL!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAOHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! FREAKS

Here's what Rick is referring to: Howard's Pumped!!!!!!
http://youtu.be/wTVTIQe0RJc

RedGinger

Reaction score
Frankly, I am not good with math. At all. The archaeology class I took in college was so boring, I didn't want a thing to do with it. I'm all for leaving the Mayan, Incan, Neathderthal sites, and the like, to the archaeologists. Metal detecting and bottle digging are awesome hobbies and I don't think an archaeologist is going to go dig my neighbor's historic privy or metal detect in their yard or at the beach. If people didn't do that, these things would never be found. Apparently, if it weren't for sites like this and Matt's, the archies would not know most of what they know about bottles.

Let's all work together and stop this foolishness.

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Frankly, I am not good with math. At all. The archaeology class I took in college was so boring, I didn't want a thing to do with it. I'm all for leaving the Mayan, Incan, Neathderthal sites, and the like, to the archaeologists. Metal detecting and bottle digging are awesome hobbies and I don't think an archaeologist is going to go dig my neighbor's historic privy or metal detect in their yard or at the beach. If people didn't do that, these things would never be found. Apparently, if it weren't for sites like this and Matt's, the archies would not know most of what they know about bottles.

Let's all work together and stop this foolishness.

The problem with it is that all the third world countries the archeologists used to plunder for ancient native sites have archeologists of their own now, and have booted the Americans out. Now they have nothing left to do except pick over our own Native sites and pick on bottle diggers!

I'd be glad I wasnt an English archeologists digging up stone henge for the hundredth time!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson