Do uses of this forum help with values?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ziggy138

Reaction score
Obviously I have just created an account after finding this forum, and I might be setting myself up for a good flaming from veteran members....

I recently bought a pretty big collection of bottles and I've started trying to price them. I just spent over an hour and a half looking up info on one particular hutch...only to find nothing whatsoever. So I moved onto the next one, and ditto. I realize rarity online doesn't always equate to rarity in the real world, or value, but in checking past hammer prices on other rare sodas I see many that go through the roof. If I sell a bottle and can feed my kids one meal, that's great, but if I can feed them for a month, that's much better - if you know what I mean.

If anyone is willing to help, I'll be willing to give some good discounts on items from the collection as I put them into inventory. If not, I understand completely.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I cant remember anyone ever being flamed for asking values on this forum.
I can recall flaming a few people who asked for values and then complained when thier requests were not immediatly responded to.
Just keep in mind people here have a lot of info to give but not all questions can be answered. Not everyone reads the forum every day so have patience.
Post photos, its tough to judge anything without photos.
Its great if you would offer items for sale to forum members.
I would be glad to help with medicine bottles you have. Sorry , dont know much about hutches.

ziggy138

Reaction score
Here's the first one...

941B69E763D042079FA36860702ABAA1.jpg

Attachments

• 941B69E763D042079FA36860702ABAA1.jpg
    941B69E763D042079FA36860702ABAA1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 59

ziggy138

Reaction score
And the other...

I live near Ridgway and have never seen this bottle. If anyone knows of a good price guide on hutch bottles or a website that lists values or auction results, I'd appreciate it.

09A764F69A6F481A9BBE30B1D4A698EE.jpg

Attachments

• 09A764F69A6F481A9BBE30B1D4A698EE.jpg
    09A764F69A6F481A9BBE30B1D4A698EE.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 75

appliedlips

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Pricing local bottles can be difficult without knowing the local market. Clear & aqua hutches can have good value only to collector's in that area.Small towns are generally better but not always.I will check the Ohio bottle book for you but their values are unrealistic.I don't know of any good price guides for hutches.

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
Any Dr Pepper bottles or Circle A bottles, I could possibly help with pricing and scaracity ratings, I helped write the Dr Pepper Bottle and Price Guide

ziggy138

Reaction score
Thanks.

Does anyone know of any site that has a list of "shocking" hammer prices for hutches, or bottles in general? I've seen lists like that on some other sites in other collecting fields that use eBay completed prices.

T D

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Follow ebay for a month or so, to see what prices are doing. Also if a bottle sells one day on ebay for $50 and then another like it the next week only brings $10, it could be a number of factors, mainly condition of the bottle, and what town the bottle is from. Learn what collectors look for as far as the condition of the bottle is concerned. Some things are chips, cracks, casewear, open bubbles, pits, bruises, staining, color of the bottle, etc., the list goes on and on. What a bottle is worth because of the town or region it is from takes much longer to learn. Like it has been said earlier, this site has a vast variety of knowledge so ask away. When posting a picture, try to get as detailed as possible, and include the whole bottle, so we can see the condition of the rest of the bottle. The top dollars are paid for the almost perfect bottles, and alot of times that can be a huge precentage higher than an exact bottle that has a single flaw in it.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any site that has a list of "shocking" hammer prices for hutches, or bottles in general? I've seen lists like that on some other sites in other collecting fields that use eBay completed prices.

There was some publication call the bottle auction report or something like that.
You might search around for it. I dont know if they are still publishing it.

If you are just going to put them on ebay you really dont need to know the value. I would just start them all at $9.99 and let the market dictate the price unless you have more money into them then you would need to use a minimum start value or reserve.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers