Dump Dug Today cool jade wheel & ball

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Thanks Cap; Yeah it was fun the thing was in pretty rough shape when i got it. It took several hours of polishing to get all the metal back in shape and then I rewired it completely.

Chris

capsoda

Reaction score
Yep, Gotta rewire them. Getting the brass and copper to shine is always the hardest part and there is no easy way to do it. I used to cast missing brass parts but got rid of all my casting equipment. Wow, haven't thought about those lamps in years.

The last one I bib was a cast iron twist students lamp. Did it for the wife and she said it was the uglyist thing she ever saw.LoL It was pretty ugly.

logueb

Reaction score
Hey Chris, Does your lamp have the small nite light in the base? I restored the one that was left in the toc house that I once owned. Still use the lamp today. It was just the cast iron with the slag glass base , small candle bulbs, and with a large bulb at top. I'll see if I can get apic.

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
A lot of the floor lamps of that style,and the smoking stands with the same kind of glass,where made by the Houze Glass Co. in Point Marion Pa.A lot of people mistake it for being Akro Agate,But akro never made smoking stands,and they did not make floor lamps.

Nawakwa

Reaction score
The pieces were made by Arko Agate, out of Ohio I believe. They produced the majority of marbles we all played with. Their production line include childrens sets, ashtray's, lamp parts, whatnot's. I believe there are several books on the company and production lines available.

newtothebottleworld

Reaction score
Although Akro did make a wide variety of items,including lamp parts.they did not make the pieces that are in privydiggers pics,in fact they did not make lamp parts for floor lamps.They made parts for wall lamps,and table lamps.Akro started out in Ohio in the early teens,but they were only there for a very short period of time.They moved to Clarksburg W.V. and stayed there till they closed in the 50's.Probably the most informative books on Akro are written by Roger & Claudia Hardy.They were the first to dig at the akro factory after it closed.They also started the Akro Agate Collectors club.When i first started to learn about Akro Roger & Claudia sort of took me under there wing and taught me a lot,in fact they taught me several things that are not in there book.

Nawakwa

Reaction score
Thank you for information, I'm always open to learning.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter