For the love of history, giving away a bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This is an interesting offer but as a long time member and supporter of this site I think the shipping cost could be put to better use, like helping it stay active. This site is supporter based and not ad based.That's just my opinion and mine only.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I think Eric was saying that Bill should not ship you the bottle and instead should donate the money he would pay to ship it to you to the site. Of course this bottle will ship first class package for about $2.50. Or something to that effect.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'm still not understanding.... Basically, I'm paying him to ship me it. It's a business deal that causes him to gain nor lose anything. Why shouldn't I get the bottle as he was willing to give it away?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yup Brandon, that was the meaning.and the only mention I saw of shipping was from you Robert. If you worked something out privately then okay.It still wouldn't hurt for more members to kick in a little though.
I see a lot of members that have been here for many years that have never donated or maybe once over 3 years ago but brag constantly about their finds, sell their finds and/or pick the collective "brain pool" seemingly so they can get more money for their finds. The money supply appears to be there also in the "new purchase" area as well. It's in no way mandatory but this site is supporter based and not ad based. It seams there are just a small minority of us that help and Roger pretty much foots the rest. I just don't think that's very fair to Roger or the regulars.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
He pmed me, saying it would cost only light shipping; so to make sure the forum people know that if anyone else wanted to claim it, I made sure they would know. Some of us buy pretty cheaply. I can find the two bucks I spent today in about two months. Is Roger the owner of the site?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Yes a kind man named Roger from the U.K. basically owns this site. Some of us have been regular supporters for a few years now, I give fairly regular when I can afford it. pay pal is the easiest way to give to this site. I feel that this is a very important area in which bottle people can come and get answers to their questions on a regular basis, but it costs a lot of money to run the site, and basically Roger has been footing the bill and the rest of us help with our donations, and others help with answers to questions and bottle advice. I don't know how to say it any clearer than this, but all of who are supporters do so to help because we like to come here and chat or talk with other members, even though the chat room doesn't get very exciting any more, cause a lot of the really different people have passed away or have gone to other sites. So please everybody who can give a little and help Roger keep the forums alive [:)]...............Andy

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well, it's the best put together forum I've seen, one with valuable information and kept running smoothly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem