HERE ARE THE SODAS FROM MY DUMP

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lordbud

Reaction score
Those are some great local finds and it sounds like there are plenty more bottles where those came from.

appliedlips

Reaction score
It looks like a fun dig, nothing better than getting a dump with some good age.. I'd rethink posting so many details however online, it would be easy for anyone to walk the creeks of Waxahache Tx. and find "your" dump. It's not taking from you if your giving it away. I enjoy the posts and they would still be as enjoyable without the details.

truedigr

Reaction score
I have never been one to be greedy, I do give away some of my digging and fossil hunting locations to others. I also hope they find some good finds as well. The good thing about this dump is that it is on private property and the owner only let's me dig there. I actually pay him to dig there. Any other spot is a free for all. Some of my fossil finds are posted on the North Texas Fossil Forum under the name txfossilman. I have had problems at other dumps where people cave in or dig in my holes, but what can you do, I don't own them. The only on site pictures I have posted were from another turn of the century dump back in I think 96' or 95'. Back then I went under the name BOTLDGR03. The title was called HONEY HOLE. We did alot of sifting and found some pretty cool stuff. Rick has a picture I took of my digging comrades sifting in one of his videos titled " What will I find? ". They looked like bandits with bandanas around their faces because the dust was horrible. Robert

jays emporium

Reaction score
Hello Robert. Good to see another Texas digger on here. There aren't many of us. I'm in Victoria, Texas. I don't get to the Dallas area much but I'll be set up at a show in Belton Nov 13-14 if you wanted to come over and do some trading.
I searched on ebay for your Waxahachie hutch and found it from Aug 22. I have a Corsicana drug store bottle I'd trade for one of those, since you got so many.
Good luck digging, when ever it cools off. 105 is too hot to be doing it.
Jay

texasdigger

Reaction score
Good to see that you are getting around to cleaning all your digs up Robert! I had the pleasure of digging in this dump with Robert when he first found it, and I must say by Texas standards it is a good one. If you have dump that is giving up hutches and cures in Texas you are onto a really good one. In my years of digging I have only been able to dig in three Texas dumps that produce them. TOC dumps are fairly plentiful, but when you step back just ten years they are extremely hard to find around here.

Robert has a nose for old trash that is for sure. The best dump I have found yet is out in the open worse than this one. I have dug in it for about 2 hours, and it produced a previously unknown Texas cure. I still have an internal battle with myself about if I should dig in it more, but the thought of jail over a bottle is a real buzz kill!
The worst part is I found shards of two more Texas meds from the same company, and a unknown Texas corn cure.

Another month or so, and it is time to hit it again Robert. THIS WINTER WE WILL DIG OUR FIRST PRIVY!!!!!

Brad

P.S. I know one of these is in this dump somewhere.....maybe even the rarer Merricks vou-dou oil.

BB03AFD8E62B4BC58E583D35390AB805.jpg

Attachments

• BB03AFD8E62B4BC58E583D35390AB805.jpg
    BB03AFD8E62B4BC58E583D35390AB805.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 32

jays emporium

Reaction score
Brad,
Is night digging a possibility? I've done that before with some success. If I wasn't married I'd probably still be doing it (or in the penitentiary).
Jay

texasdigger

Reaction score
That is what keeps crossing my mind! It is about an hour n a half from me, and it has been hard to find the time. What I really want to do is wait until it snows the next time, and head up there. We all know that 99.9% of the Texas population loses it's mind, stocks up on food and hunker down when a light dusting of snow comes through! I think I could get by with it then.

Had I found the dump a year before digging would have been no problem, but the city turned it into a walking trail park. The one positive is that the dump was in the middle of a ton of hackberry tress that they cut down to the stumps. I am sure they are mega branched now, and beginning to take the dump over again.

The last time we went there three of us scratched in it for thirty minutes and recovered 8-10 local crown top sodas, another damaged Texas med, and a copper keep sake necklace charm with a elephant scratched in to it. I really need to get back over there!

Brad

photolitherland

Reaction score
Oh my god, the only dump I know of around where I live has only broken hutches and crown tops from all local towns :(, breaks my heart. If I found this many whole hutches and local crown tops, plus that coca cola bottle, Id die most likely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem