Hutchinson Spring stopper or what?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
The way it worked was that the stopper at the bottom had a ring of rubber heavy rubber that went between the two pieces at the base. They forced the bottom with the rubber gasket down the neck of the bottle into the body of the bottle compressing the spring in the process. Once the gasket reached the space of the inside of the bottle the gasket spread out locking it in. The spring was always pulling to keep the bottle closed. They must have had strong long tongues back then or a special tool that locked the bottle open. Honestly I think I’m going to offer a reward for any one who can supply me with proof of the original inventor. The patent would be huge!

For a guy who doesn't work you sure are making me wait a long time for this new lead!

capsoda

Reaction score
Thanks Steven, Always willing to help.[sm=lol.gif] How much of a reward.[;)]

By the way, what does that mean? Work? LoL[sm=lol.gif]

mrbottles

Reaction score
HA, you are 'grandfathered' in on the no reward side of this deal! I'm thinking maybe $50. I'll have to sell my entire collection to pay for it but if that's what it takes to motivate you "Unemployed" people so be it. Unemployed is WAY more negative than retired! What's taking you on pilfering through the stopper bag? Got your walker caught on snag in the carpet or what?!!!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
There you go.... Pickin on the retired one legged guy.[sm=lol.gif]

Still lookin for the bag, its in my 1500 sq ft shop, somewhere, maybe, I think, in one of those hundreds of boxes high up on a shelf, I hope, maybe. [8|]Its hard for a poor one legged guy to climb all the way up there you know.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

First I have to go jogging, then I'll look.[sm=lol.gif]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Oh my goodness I almost started crying when I read that! Not remembering where you put things is one of the first signs of Alzheimer’s you know.

Oh my goodness I almost started crying when I read that! Not remembering where you put things is one of the first signs of Alzheimer’s you know.

I put that down twice in case you forgot the first one!

I PUT THAT DOWN TWICE IN CASE YOU FORGOT THE FIRST ONE!

That was louder in case your hearing is going too!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Damn WIPPERSNAPPER![sm=lol.gif]

AH, Now what was I gonna say.[8|]

Oh yeah, No wait. Ahahah. Its time to take my pill.[:)]

tfredrich

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

It's Tom one town over. It's funny we've never talked about this before, but shortly after I found the Zwietusch spiral spring bottle, I noticed a New York example of this same style bottle in one of my bottle books. I am adding a picture for everyone to see. If OZ did in fact invent this style bottle, he got one New York firm to bite on it, or at least they ripped off the idea from him. Here goes, Merry Christmas to all!
TF

Lj21662.jpg

mrbottles

Reaction score
Pil? That was a punk rock band back in the day. Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols started them after Sid Vicious over dosed on some thing, I think. So you're listening to punk rock? Is that what you're saying Gramps? Man the generation gap is really hampering communication here.

I SAID THE GENERATION GAP IS REALLY HAMPERING COMMUNICATION HERE!

WHERE'S THE STOPPER? Looks like Tom is trying to cut in on your reward! Better turn up the voltage on the pacemaker! [:D]

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Steven, STOP YELLIN AT ME! I said PILL not BRAIN DEAD and back in the day Jimmy Hendrick was on top.[8D]

Oh yeah, I found your stopper.[sm=lol.gif] Guess I'm gona have to come up there and dig all your bottles.[;)]

Ca80493.jpg

Attachments

• Ca80493.jpg
    Ca80493.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 47

mrbottles

Reaction score
Calm down... just relax it was all just a bad dream papy. That's right take your pill and just relax... Your feeling sleepy... very very sleepy... Good thats better. See mrbottles make it aaaaall better.

Just don't tell me that was the only miniture pump plunger in the bag. Or the shizzels gonna hit the fan!

Steven

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973