Hutchinson Spring stopper or what?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
Thank, Warren.

No hutches lately.. I've got an old home site I'm looking at now mear work.. all overgrown with hard woods.. I've found a well but not any dump sites..
May try to post some pictures..

mrbottles

Reaction score
Whoa two fly boys from Alabama are visiting the mrbottles web site. Maybe we should add a section about Alabama bottles. We could call it... Hmmm let’s see… We could call it…. Wait, I know we’ll call it RECYCLABLES. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for the feed back on the site Tom. Bob is my brother. He is putting up the Hutchinson soda gallery on the site. It’s a huge task in that he has to picture roughly 800 bottles. We have a lot of fun hunting and telling the stories. The site really will be a one of a kind as we are able to add the content and features we plan to. It’s a hobby and it takes time. (Some people still have to work)

Warren, I figured you wouldn’t have smashed a REAL ‘miniture pump plunger’ but then I thought you might really have turned up the pacemaker when I said to and whigged out! That was a tense time for me thinking I had pushed you over the edge. I imagined you putting Tabasco sauce in your oatmeal and thought maybe you would start a fight at Bingo this week! I’m relieved. I SAID I’M… Okay that IS getting old! Like some one else we know… Who’s so old… Who’s so old?... Who’s so old?... Who is it? Who’s old? Who is it? It's Warren! Weeeeeeeeee! Okay I’ll stop with that too. I only pick on you because I like you, you know. At least that’s what they said in grade school.

Thanks for the Christmas wishes! Same to you and God bless! .

Tom, thanks for the service. That helicopter is very cool! While the mrbottles site is about primarily Wisconsin stuff. You guys could team up and write a hunt story. The title could be recycling in Alabamy or something like that.

Steven

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
The fly boy in the pictures is not me it's my cousin (likes to hunt bottles to).. He's from FL, He's heading to Iraq at the beginning of the new year..
Tom

KentOhio

Reaction score
Is this thread still about those weird Hutch stoppers? I saw an example of that New York bottle on ebay a few months ago. It was aqua and sold for around $30. I bid on it, but not enough.

mrbottles

Reaction score
Engineer? Shouldn’t that picture been of a choo choo train then? Do you wear one of those funny caps and shovel coal into the big fire pit? Tell your COUSIN Merry Christmas and thanks from the folks at mrbottles.

Holy crap! Thirty bucks? The east coast has another 100+ years of history over us Wisconsinites. 1860=’s ABM to them. For us 1860 =’s early. My gosh, other than Warren there really isn’t much left from 1860 when you think about it! That same bottle from N.Y. that sold on ebay for $30 would have gone for WAY more if it was Milwaukee! I would pay thirty for the stopper in good condition!

capsoda

Reaction score
I knew those Wisconsin cheese cracker water bottles weren't worth much.[sm=lol.gif]My diggin buddies down here go for the older than Mosses or dirt thing. Their just jealous because I still have all my teeth and a full head of hair, but thank you for making me feel so young.

Sometime what rare in one place is given away in another. Maybe check states bordering Wisconsin for rare cheep treasures. May pay off big.

Hey Tom Welcome From Seminole, Al. Near the beautiful Gulf Of Mexico.

Merry Christmas

mrbottles

Reaction score
HEY! I still have all my teeth![:mad:] You got me on the hair though. [&o]

Where is that stopper? You're killing me here. I know you're saving it for Sunday as a gift to celebrate the birth of the sweet baby Jesus! [:D]

Good play ol boy!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Steven, Didn't get a chance to look today. Did jewelry work for a friend whose jeweler passed away last nite.

Here is the info on your stopper: Patented by Albert Albertson of New York, Ny on Aug. 26 1862. It was marketed by John Matthews of New York and evolved into the famous gravitating stopper later on. There was a small hand held metalic plunger that depressed the coil spring so the liquid could be released. It is unkown as to the extent of its use. There is one with the name H Downes & Co but the extent of its use is not known either.

CHA CHING Break out that wallet![sm=lol.gif]

Hey Man, all jokes aside, I hope this helps. I was gona take credit, I got this info from David Graci. Its in his book Soda and Beer Bottle Closures 1850-1910.[sm=lol.gif]

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
Thanks Warren, My brother lives in Pensacola.. buddy I went to school w/ was from Elberta. He now is a Dr. In Foley.

Hey Steven, I grew up in New Smyrna Beach, FL one of those cities found by Ponce de leon in 1513, you know right down the coast from the oldest city in the United States ' St Augustine... found a 485 year old Recyclable hahaha....

The hurricane that crossed the state from the gulf side and exited on theAtlantic did some major erosion.. My son found two medicine bottles in a wash out in a sand dune when we went down during Thanksgiving..

Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles