Hutchinson Spring stopper or what?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Steven, Thats a very FLORESENT forum you have there.[sm=lol.gif] Must be a Wisconsin thing.[sm=lol.gif]Sorry couldn't help myself.[8|]Looks great man. I think its a neat thing your doing there. Can ancient LA [Lower Alabama] cavemen join.

I wouldn't mind having a dozen or so of those gravitating stoppers if Bro L wants to part with some. Since they were made in a strange and foreign land many leagues from here they are hard as hell to find whole. Email me. capsoda@gulftel.com and le me no sonting dude, hefe, me amigo,cuz. Tell heen " don make me cun up dere maan. You know.[sm=lol.gif]

I found 2 more of those straight stopper but there crap but I think I found you a goodun.

Tell your family and friends Merry Christmas from LA.[sm=lol.gif]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Warren, I'm hoping you will join the forum. Every one is welcome. I know I've made the site about Wisconsin but every one is welcome. I'll have you know you were one of my first on this forum thing. You broke me in, you're my forum mentor.

I'm sure Bob would love to send you some stoppers. He's a great guy and loves to tell the story about the stoppers. He found a pile that may have thousands in it. He filled his... Post a request for them and he'll tell you! It's his story he should tell it!

Thanks for the postive thoughts.

LA? you aren't having an identity crisis are you. LA is a "poo" hole! Don't get me wrong poo holes can be great if they are old enough!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!!!

Steven

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi again Warren,

I just looked at the site after reading your post. Yes it's neon alright! I wanted to go with Christmas colors for this first few days. I may change it though. If I add more categories it might not be so bad. I will likely make it match the site either way later. The color thing is a nightmare! I can pick from millions of colors!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mr Bottles. As it turns out YOU are one of only five or six people known to own an Albert Albertson Spring closure bottle. YOU are the ONLY person known to own the Patent Albertson's Stopper, Made By John Matthews, New York, patent Aug 26 1862.

Stand up and take a bow![:)]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi Warren,

Well, I'm the only one known except for my buddy who has one also. That is some thing else. When I made this post I really had little hope that it would lead to an actual resolution. It's incredible! Warren you are a gentleman and a scholar. I am going to contact the author for my copy ASAP. I need to see the patent like right now. I won't sleep over this you know. Maybe we will have to go diving again to see if we can five or six and make those bottles whole again! [8|]

Thanks for the sleuth work. I guess retired people ARE good for something after all! [:)]

YOU ARE MY HERO![:D]

Steven

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123