Identify bottles in photo?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
?

Beer Bottle Forum Paper Label.jpg

Beer Label Comparisons.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
My problem with it is that it just looks like it's a different mountain. The one in the old photo looks taller. I haven't been able to find any other beers with a logo featuring a mountain though.

Edit: I found another one, Tacoma Beer. This one has a mountain that's more closely shaped to the one in the picture but it's clearly a different design.
1605134371695.png

Last edited:

embe

Reaction score
To me it looks more like a bust (or figure/portrait) than a mountain

SODABOB

Reaction score
I'm seeing things - such as a French woman wearing a beret and scarf with her right arm in front of her.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Zoomed in I see the bust too. Someone with long hair and a very prominent chin. It looks a bit cartoonish though, so I still think a mountain is more likely.

hatchet

Reaction score
I appreciate the comments. I did ask the person with the large website of beer labels, as recommended in an earlier answer. He was not able to match to a specific label given the lack of detail in my photo, but based on the general label design and the style of bottle, he said the likely time range is 1910 to 1915. He also said that is subject to some error, because labels, once designed, would often be used for 5 or 10 years. He also said unlikely to be earlier than 1905 because of the design, and not later than 1920 because of Prohibition.
I also looked through some other beer label websites but have not found a close match yet. I may have to face that the bottles in the photo won't be able to produce the result I was hoping for (location). I haven't given up yet though.
I did learn some things though. Beer labels are collected (didn't know that), and Prohibition killed off an incredible diversity of beer brands. I had no idea there would be so many different beers (and labels) back then.

SODABOB

Reaction score
hatchet

Thanks for the challenge - I suppose only time will tell if/when someone is able to identify the label and possibly associate a location and date to it. The attached image is the best I can come up with - and acknowledge it is just a best guess based on what I think I see - which may or may not be accurate. Please note that I am not suggesting the image on the Gobel tip tray is the same as what I see on the bottle label - I am only including it to provide an example of the type of portrait I think I see.

Bob

Beer Bottle Forum hatchet 2020  Paper Label Cropprd Face.jpg

Gobel Beer Tip Tray.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
I hope I'm not overdoing this - but I'm still seeing things - and thought I would share my latest find - which should have a humungous question mark attached to it ...

Beer Bottle Comparison .jpg

hatchet

Reaction score
I hope I'm not overdoing this - but I'm still seeing things - and thought I would share my latest find - which should have a humungous question mark attached to it ...
Although it does look closer than any I've seen so far, Tam O'Shanter was apparently a post-prohibition beer made by American Brewing Company.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973