Killer 1870's Beer Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Went to a Estate Sale Today & picked up this Killer Rare 1870's Bottle, Been looking for one for over 10+ Years now. August Biewer Clinton River Brewery. Leon.

P.S. Bruce Mobley should put it on his website?
BiewersClintonRiver3.JPG
BiewersCklintonRiverCloseUp.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a great find for an estate sale! Someone selling off a collection or did you just happen to luck out that they had this one?

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, I got good news & bad news. it was a collection of many stuff at the sale. it was a 3 day Auction. I was there early the 1st day & did not see it so figured someone bought it. BUT, Then come the 3rd & last day I see it. amazed hundreds of people left it after 2 days. Guess they figured the $50 price was to much. SO, on the 3rd day after everybody rejected this fine Gem, I scooped it up with the 3rd day 50% or half off sale. stole it for $25. Probably a $500+ Bottle if mint. BUT, I assume the reason left behind was because not mint & has damage. ends up the very bottom is missing but still stands up straight. Still easily worth more then $25 in my opinion. Maybe I'll try to add a new bottom? Leon.

Roy

Reaction score
OK, I got good news & bad news. it was a collection of many stuff at the sale. it was a 3 day Auction. I was there early the 1st day & did not see it so figured someone bought it. BUT, Then come the 3rd & last day I see it. amazed hundreds of people left it after 2 days. Guess they figured the $50 price was to much. SO, on the 3rd day after everybody rejected this fine Gem, I scooped it up with the 3rd day 50% or half off sale. stole it for $25. Probably a $500+ Bottle if mint. BUT, I assume the reason left behind was because not mint & has damage. ends up the very bottom is missing but still stands up straight. Still easily worth more then $25 in my opinion. Maybe I'll try to add a new bottom? Leon.
I love it!!!
I think you have just won first prize for the most dedicated bottle collector, and if anyone can repair that bottle, I believe you are the man for the job. Congratulations on a great find.
Roy

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a real shame about the bottom, but if it's that rare I'd say 25 is still pretty decent. I'll also buy damaged examples of rare bottles if they're cheap enough. Sometimes that'll just be the only one that ever comes along.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey, good to see you still out digging and collecting. In my experience, when you finally capitulate and buy something you've been trying to dig for years the Bottle Gods think it's funny to bless your dig with the same bottle soon thereafter. Hopefully the example that is now waiting for you will still have its bottom!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, thats happened before where I buy something & then dig it right after. Here's a odd thing though. Coincidently I had the opposite happen with another A. Biewers from Mt Clemens a few years ago. I dug a quart blob with very bottom broke off, but had the bottom that fit like a glove. We throw the broken shards back in hole when refilling hole. then I look & the broken bottom that was sitting with the bottle off to the side & it is gone. only thing I can think of is digging buddy threw in back in the hole. he sez he don't remember? I was tempted to redig the 6 foot hole just to get that bottom back. Anyways, the point I'm getting at is I dug a broken one & then soon afterwards upgraded it with a non broken one at a Bottle show. Kinda the opposite of what usually happens. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen