Killer 1870's Beer Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
I've seen many 1870's Quart Beers seen in Quart size only with no smaller pint variation's known. Some with round slug plates also. Sorry I'm going to half to disagree with you. I like to see facts & documentation, instint & intuition proves nothing. Just my opinion, I'm sure others may vary. Leon.
Just wondering? How long have you been collecting bottles?

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
THANKS Leon! (aka "hemihampton" as above.) I would be very interested and grateful if somebody has the Florida Pro's contact info or just even his name. Thanks--CT Len

hemihampton

Reaction score
After doing extensive research & reading many Articles on the C&I Glass Company ( Cunningham & Ihmsen) to numerous to list it all here but most from 1860's &1870's & 1880's Articles I can confidently confirm as fact that C&I did make round slugplate Beer Bottles in 1870's. No speculations or assumptions here. Just the Facts. Fact is Cunningham & Ihmsen co existed from 1865-1878. In 1878 it's name was changed to Cunningham & Co. 2 years Later in 1880 it was DOC (Dominic Cunningham). I'm very familiar with DOC as it's on many of my Hutch Bottles & other Bottles. which then changed to C&C Co. Lim for Limited, also on many of my Hutch Bottles. Seems both C&C Co & DOC were both operating after 1880. Some pics below. My Martz Bros Beer Bottle with round slugplate does have C&I on bottom. And all other bottles found with it all dated to 1870's, in same hole was another round slugplate beer quart thats was unknown at the time & still only one known. Leon.

C&Iinfo.JPG
DOGglassC&I.JPG
DOCglass.JPG
DOC3.JPG
C&Iflasks.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member