Ladonia TX Hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

netxitpro

Reaction score
Found this nice Ladonia, TX Hutch at a local Estate sale. Ladonia Bottle works, Ladonia, Texas. Very small town. Bottle in great shape.

Attachments

• c8ec92098e0e44eda7e01177097b24bc.jpg
    c8ec92098e0e44eda7e01177097b24bc.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 92

thefuller3

Reaction score
Nice find! I collect small town Texas Hutch bottles as well. Just picked up a Wooten Wells one and Dalby Springs (Not a Hutch) but still a tiny town.

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Obviously been forever since I posted here and I mean to change that but Jeremy you mention you have a Hutch from Wooten Wells. I myself have just started collecting hutches as a niche collection (although I have collected bottles and old glass in general now for about 8 years)particularly in Texas as that is where I am from and my family on both sides have been here for multiple generations (5 on one side and 6 on the other) which brings me to my question. Have Jeremy you or anyone who sees this ever come across any glazed pottery items from this area as the Wooten Wells company which was at one time part of the Oletha pottery company I believe which was started and then sold by my G-G-Grandfather and the town was at one point actually called Pottersville because of this and a couple of other very active potters and then clay that they used that was plentiful in the area. I would love to have a piece of this pottery especially dating back to when he owned it if I am ever lucky enough for this to happen. Also a hutch from there would be nice too! Nice hutch Kenny and would love to have that one as well!

thefuller3

Reaction score
There was actually a Wooten Wells Mineral Water 5 Gallon jug on eBay recently. I believe their early jugs were made by Fowler.... not sure if all but, I know from research that some jugs surfaced with Fowler stamped on the heel. I came across another jug about a year ago that for sure was not Fowler, may have been what you were looking for, went back to buy it and it was gone. The jug on Ebay was a beautiful example, I actually contacted the seller with the jug, she was located in South Texas and offered it up for $800. Search eBay completed listings for Wooten Wells, it should pop up. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler