Lets all get back to the job at hand. talk bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
We all have are differnces but we all have the same common denominator COLLECTING what ever it is we COLLECT.I have found that a large part of my collection has no labels just plain in good shape bottles. I guess do the the river but I still have them on my shelves. I try to match them to a labeled bottles. People ask me why do I keep them? Does anyone else do this or am I the only nut who does.

3438C6C80E994ECFB69F87CEA6AC6F37.gif

Attachments

• 3438C6C80E994ECFB69F87CEA6AC6F37.gif
    3438C6C80E994ECFB69F87CEA6AC6F37.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 83

Wilkie

Reaction score
I have "boxes" upon "boxes" of unembossed common stuff that I have a hard time parting with. I don't display but every once in awhile I'll get a small collection together and sell them for next to nothing just so I don't have to discard them. Once, I actually put a bunch of them in the recycle bin. Anymore though, when I find stuff like that, I'll just leave them where they lay or set them aside if they're in my way. They are nice for "country style" decorating or for beginning collectors. I've made some people very happy by giving them a couple of old bottles, one mans junk is anothers treasure.

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
Hey Wilkie,
Next time you want to part with some of those unembossed plain-janes, if you have anything that could pass for Victorian era, I'd be interested in them. I use a lot of unembossed bottles in my Civil War reenactments. I don't have the heart to use good ones for fear of breaking them. My feathers always get ruffled when I see Hero fruit jars used at reenactments. [:mad:] Most people see the 1858 patent date and think they are OK for Civil War use. The Heros weren't made until 1867 though.

How many bottles have you been able to pair up with labels Arthur? I'd like to see some pics if you get a chance.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaExplorer11