Medicine bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jstorm

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention in the contents was an ingredient called "Mandrakes". The Mandrake Root contains Deliriant Hallucinogenic TROPANE alkaloids. They did get him for using the word CURE, but he merely changed that word to Remedy. Dropped the Turpentine out of the mix, but for some reason the Mandrakes stayed for the remainder of the Swamp Root production...OMD
Thanks. Crazy stuff went on back in the day! Drinking that crap probably killed people!

Old man digger

Reaction score
So all the mandrake bitters that actually had mandrake root were probably mildly hallucinogenic?

Jim G
If it had Mandrake Root, yes, they would be considered a Hallucinogenic. And they are still used today in some countries during weird ceremonies and rituals.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
If it had Mandrake Root, yes, they would be considered a Hallucinogenic. And they are still used today in some countries during weird ceremonies and rituals.
That is wild, as there were SO MANY "mandrake bitters" that were out there. Guess you got a real good time with that med. Add some opium, or a little cocaine, maybe some heroin. You were still sick but you just didn't care.

Jim G

Jstorm

Reaction score
That is wild, as there were SO MANY "mandrake bitters" that were out there. Guess you got a real good time with that med. Add some opium, or a little cocaine, maybe some heroin. You were still sick but you just didn't care.

Jim G
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Couple of beers with a little moon shine and a comfortable chair!

American

Reaction score
Anyone else have the little 3" cylindrical sample with the same embossing? It's one of those bottles that doesn't belong in my collection

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1