Memphis Barrel

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

truedigr

Reaction score
After getting no response after a week on the Memphis diggers website, I figure I will post this one on here and see what I can find out. This bottle is an antique mall find. It is embossed Stillman & Breen, a circle sort of like a bullseye in the middle, Memphis, Tenn. I checked every repro listing on this site with nothing mentioned. I have always been told, if it's too good to be true, then it's not. Hopefully it is authentic because I haven't found another listed on the internet, and barely any mention of this business. Hopefully someone can solve this mystery. Robert
https://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac111/fossilman217/100_5783.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Put up more pics!!!! Please! I'm no bitters collector, but I cannot imagine that is anything other than genuine. I do not think they reproed barrels, and if they did, it would be some common name.

That thing is awesome. Smooth base or pontil? We definitely need more pics.

Jim G

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Sure doesn't LOOK repro.
m6.gif

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
I can't tell you what it is because I've never seen one before, but I can tell you it's NOT a repro. I've been into bottles and jars since about 1970, so I've seen a lot in that time (Jeesh, 40 years). It looks like you really got a nice piece of history! Let's see what the Tennessee guys can tell us.

Mike

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Robert...ain't seen it...ain't heard of it...wondering why you'd think it's a repro ??

ie...in other words: it's NOT a repro. Good find and in a mall?

truedigr

Reaction score
First of all, I couldn't think I could be so lucky. Second, they are reproducing a lot of things these days.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1