Memphis Barrel

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Contact ED PROVINE in Mephis he is Mr Memphis bottle and knows their history. Can't help with his # etc but he lives in Memphis.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Hey , that's a nice bottle, and I believe it's a bitters bottle. If it was in a bottle book, it would value at $600+. It looks right, but the smooth base throws me off track on authentisity. As for Mike with the memphis digger's , he's working , but leave a message , he will get back to you. I agree with digger mcdirt , Mr Ed is the Memphis bottle expert, did you check his med. bottle list on the MemDgr website. The bottle is unique, try Rafael Eledge , Mr. Antiques Roadshow at shilohrelics.com. Here is a Memphis med. that brought me over $500, yours is much rarer, truely obscure.

7E0A9D46BE6B47B890C629A3496C615D.jpg

Attachments

• 7E0A9D46BE6B47B890C629A3496C615D.jpg
    7E0A9D46BE6B47B890C629A3496C615D.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 48

appliedlips

Reaction score
Congratulations on a great find. No way is that a reproduction, it looks right in every regard. It is exactly like the I.Nelson's Old Bourbon Maysville,Ky. bottles only with different embossing. Worth in the thousands, how many I can't say but it looks like you will find out soon. I am excited for you and thanks for showing us.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Good call. That's a five figure bottle, no doubt. From the looks of the base, it's early smooth base (no pontil mark) with great wear consistent with the age of the bottle. Everything about it looks absolutely right from the pictures.

Sounds like the southern collectors on here don't know this one very well. That's an excellent sign of rarity.

Congrats on a really good find.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: truedigr

As regards to selling, I'll probably send it to Glassworks or Hecklers.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
here's the Maysville KY barrel...no price noted:

http://www.antiquebottles.com/whiskey/fame.html

sandchip

Reaction score
Wouldn't they look good sitting beside each other? What a bottle! And yeah, I'd bet my left nut, and my right, that thing's as authentic as the day is long.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Oops. Adding too many zeros there. I meant that this is a $1000 plus bottle, 4 digits. I suppose, if it's rare enough, it could see 5 digits. But it's got to be a grand or more.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: saratogadriver

Good call. That's a five figure bottle, no doubt. From the looks of the base, it's early smooth base (no pontil mark) with great wear consistent with the age of the bottle. Everything about it looks absolutely right from the pictures.

Sounds like the southern collectors on here don't know this one very well. That's an excellent sign of rarity.

Congrats on a really good find.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: truedigr

As regards to selling, I'll probably send it to Glassworks or Hecklers.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I'm sure it would sell a bit conservatively. As there is no history of the sale of this bottle to go by, but it would only go up from there as word gets out of it's existence to more collectors.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I like the Maysville barrel much more...seems to have more character.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem