My first dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deldig

Reaction score
I didn't get the Indian Artifact in the picks. Doug got it. I did some research on the internet and I believe (due to style) the item is Northwest Indian and from the Haida tribe. The Haida began carving Argellite (gray/black soft stone) after 1820 as a means of creating income. their previous means (selling otter skins to European traders) dried up when the otter numbers dwindled.

Alan

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
the item is Northwest
Nice digs, all 4 of you. A dig in the woods is waiting for you Cindy. It could be a lot dryer. It's like swimming though, I prefer to dive in all at once first, none of that testing with your toe. Now your in and the rest is easy.
The Northwest was my first guess on the artifact
The pickle TB Smith Phila. is in Zumwalt. Not the actual bottle but the company. It operated from 1848-52 when Thomas Smith died. His widow is thought to have sold the rights to Wendell and Espy.

logueb

Reaction score
Great job on the first dig Annie. That's some great old stuff that you folks up north pull out of those privies. Good luck on the next dig and keep the post coming. Oh yeah, the wifey complained about my hands with all that dump digging dirt. Here's a little trick that I found quite by accident. First put on a pair of gloves that fit tight, like the latex ones, etc. then your digging gloves. Dirt has a way of getting in around the cuffs of digging gloves and makes it way into the fingers of the gloves. When your done digging, peel off the latex gloves and presto , clean hands. There inexpensive and I always have plenty on hand working wrecks, EMS calls etc. May be worth a try, but keep it a secret.[;)] Buster

mr.fred

Reaction score
Looks like a fun dig and a lot of work ----Thanks for the Ride along[8D]-----if i can't get my finger nails clean?------i CHEW them down[sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr.fred

Looks like a fun dig and a lot of work ----Thanks  for the Ride along[8D]-----if i can't get my  finger nails clean?------i CHEW them down[sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

Hahahahaha Fred--- hell I chew my toe nails down if need be[8D]

To bad about that pickle !

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: mr.fred

Looks like a fun dig and a lot of work ----Thanks for the Ride along[8D]-----if i can't get my finger nails clean?------i CHEW them down[sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

Hahahahaha Fred--- hell I chew my toe nails down if need be[8D]

To bad about that pickle !
Now we have Sick Rick and Sick Fred[8|][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=tongue.gif]

beendiggin

Reaction score
Wow, what a great dig. Wish I was there to see that pickle come out, broken or not. Good luck on future digs.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter