My first dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Nice stuff, what did you use to glue the pot? It came out nice. The soda and others need a vinegar soak in my opinion. Don't go straight for the muriatic, especially if it's IP soda.

annie44

Reaction score
I just taped the pot for now - we have the pieces to 3 or 4 of these, and I was just trying to figure out which shards go with each pot. I will let Chris glue them as he has way more experience than I do. Should display nicely!

privvydigger

Reaction score
i'd be looking up and down the street carrying homemade hot baked apple pies and sugar cookies....... Definitely a good era and where there's one
we dug two great broken pickles this year too.....
nice dig

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Cindy,...Cool Items,..I like the Winslows, and the Soda is neat (It looks like a blend of Olive and Forest green in the pic) but my fave is the little pontiled vial,...I just like it's crude lip and appearance...The pottery is real nice too. I have to admit, it's fun to 'glueback' items...Thank you for posting some pics.

sloughduck

Reaction score
You are right on with the ID of Haida,also the material.I am just finishing reading a book on the "Art of the Northwest Coast"This probably represents the Raven(creation story)And the other animal I am not quite sure could be a bear,otter etc. Definitly a good piece,I would get a apprisal from a reputable artifact dealer.This could be a real pricey item
ORIGINAL: deldig

I didn't get the Indian Artifact in the picks. Doug got it. I did some research on the internet and I believe (due to style) the item is Northwest Indian and from the Haida tribe. The Haida began carving Argellite (gray/black soft stone) after 1820 as a means of creating income. their previous means (selling otter skins to European traders) dried up when the otter numbers dwindled.

Alan

blade

Reaction score
Annie, looks like you had a great dig, what color is the soda you took home ?
Chris

annie44

Reaction score
It's a nice Baltimore green soda - just hard to see unless you really hold it up to the light!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter