Not a target ball

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hello all -
We have talked about these before (almost two years exactly) when I bought one (cheap of course) and wondered if it once was a possible target. These are still pretty hard to find and buy reasonably. The base and neck & chain assembly really add to the price, which were going for $100+ last time I checked. The teal one of the three is the hardest of the three, but the aqua I hadn't seen until this thread (maybe I need to get out more [:)]). The top target ball collectors are offered these quite a bit it seems and they then have to break the news to the would be seller. [:-]

Here's a link to the older post from way back when. . .

https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_3374/mpage_1/key_jeweler/anchor/tm.htm#3403

GuntherHess

Reaction score
that's funny I just saw one of there for sale in an antique mall last week as a target ball.
Thanks for correctly ID'ing it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yours is one of the rarer colors Eric. The ones like I have are only worth $40 to $60 depending on the condition and completeness. Mine were all given to me.
So Warren, What your saying is that, unlike flasks etc., aqua can be rarer? I never heard of such a thing!!

Is it worth more than the $5 I paid taking into acount inflation over the last 25 years?

BTW; anyone know where I can get a cheap time machine? I'd love to go back and get some beauties before you find them, you know, the whole time contimium thing. If I do though, I'm sorry for the missing stuff in your collections... just in case.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter