ODD- not yet identifiable Glass jugs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glenda

Reaction score
Any ideas? Several e-bay posters (glass/bottle collectors) have thought they are very old water jugs-used by rope tied to the necks and carried on a stick. I have NO clue. I would be so anyone had an idea as to their origin! Many thanks!

Pm34803.jpg

Help with pictures provided - Admin

Attachments

• Pm34803.jpg
    Pm34803.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 67

glenda

Reaction score
Someone MUSt know!

Ok- maybe more info? Very thick-pebbly surface. beautiful swirls of black, red and white when held to light. Thousands of tiny bubbles infused in the glass. Ok- bribery- I have a bottle dump (from old Maine drug store) in my back yard- I will offer some up as reward!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Glenda, another 'Mainer' here, where on earth did you aquire those bottles? They appear quite crude, but are they perhaps artist's pieces? You really got my attention re: old Maine drugstore bottles!!

glenda

Reaction score
Oh Norm! I want help regarding those crazy brown jugs! i do have an Apothecary dump in my back yard! Anything you are interested in? Don't cringe, but I just threw away about a million bottles because they had drugs in them and the kids were playing in the area. I am in Camden, Me. and they are from Camden Drug and Boyton McKay. Lots of them- all over the place! If you might want some- send me your address and I will send some to you. Some are tiny little brown ones- some are so common- lots of Clorox, Peroxide, etc.. Lots of cobolt blue Magnesia- but some weird ones too.
What do you collect? I will look.Oh,and lots of soda bottles- old Maine water too.
Glenda

(PS: now get to work on my BROWN jugs! HAHAHHAH!)

flasherr

Reaction score
Wow sounds like a great house. Did they charge you extra for buried treasure or get a discount because of all the trash? Don't throw away the soda bottles unless you want to throw them a way in Texas lol. happy digging. those are strange jugs could they have been deformed by a fire or appear to be made that way
Brian

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Glenda

Can you give any details about the soda and water bottles you have? I'm interested in any Maine bottles of that type you might have.I live about 40 minutes from Camden.

Sam

glenda

Reaction score
Hey! I will dig through the ones I haven't thrown out and maybe i can bribe one of my kids to go dig some more up! I cannot tell you the thrill I used to get when I found a bottle- dug up at the beach (we live on the harbor)...but after clearing out the bottle dump- i lost a little of the thrill! I will take some pics if I can tomorrow or Monday and let you know what I have! thanks for writing!
Glenda :)

glenda

Reaction score
Oh- and that reminds me...who knows (and I bet ALL of you do...) why I found a ka-zillion marbles in the bottle dump? Could be a prize at stake...........;-)

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Did you also find a bunch of broken Codd bottles??? Happy Diggin, Kelley[;)]

luvtodig

Reaction score
I can see Norm now..marbles? a lot of marbles..lol..sounds like such a cool thing to have in your backyard..I would be in heaven[8D]can't wait for the pics...[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583