Packer ref debacle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
So, after all that, where do things stand?

Either, the ref who reviewed that play could not tell that it was an interception or he did not want to reverse the call for some other reason. I refuse to believe that he could not see the truth on the tape. No one who is the head judge on an NFL field is totally incompetent. He had to see it because it was plain and clear. So, what could have motivated him not to reverse the call? The only thing I can think of is that he was afraid to upset the crowd and incite more controversy. So, by saying that the call stands - he hasn't really taken any position - he just let the refs on the field call it. Stupid if I'm right. He should have called the objective truth. If he cannot do that, he shouldn't be out there. If you cannot trust the refs to be unbiased and fair, you have undermined everything. Might as well pay them to pick the winner. Ridiculous. Honestly.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
So, in the end, I guess that I am forced to jump on the bandwagon. Replacement refs have got to go. If they lack the courage to call the game as it happened, it's time for them to go.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Rick. I really haven't had a problem with these replacement types. It's got to be tough with everyone second guessing you. But enough is enough. If you can't handle it you gotta go.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
My Daughter is a huge Packers fan, she is attending the University of Wisconsin at the Green Bay Campus Bob. I have had a mild tooth ache the last couple of days which turned worse last evening.I watched the game and as you and thought the ball was intercepted cleanly and the ensuing wrestling match for the ball was null and void at that point. With these guys already under a microscope they should have reviewed the play even though the refs in the review booths are replacements also it doesn't take 20 20 vision to see that the call was blown.I myself are an Eagles fan but I enjoy watching the Packer games because your fans are classy for the most part unlike the ones here in Philadelphia who view the games as war not a sporting event. Green Bays most important persona are the Packers. No other city has as much storied football history as Vince Lombardi's Packers did and still do.

My wife and Daughter went to the Green Bay Kansas City last preseason game the week we moved our daughter out to her campus.I unfortunately was unable to make the trip as work wouldn't permit it so. All I can tell you is that it is a lot different then attending an Eagles game. The word my wife and Daughter used is class. The majority of the fans although rabid Packer Fans didn't threaten or throw beer or curse out any people wearing Chiefs Jerseys. It was more like a Friday night big High school rivalry game we have here in Southern New Jersey verses what we are used to in Philadelphia when attending an Eagles game. Getting back to the tooth ache I had just fallen asleep finally and my texts alert started going off on my cell phone. I had to get up and walk to the area in our hallway where all of us keep our cellphones and lap tops, by then my impatient daughter out in Green Bay called the house line in which I had to run down to our kitchen to answer it. Recognizing it was my daughter by caller ID I said Hi Bridgette I know why you are calling and before I could get another word in she started to vent.........[:mad:]

One hour later after rehashing the play over and over with her she still didn't understand how this could have happened. She did tell me the entire campus was in mourning and that none of them would be sleeping for a while. We finally said our good byes and I settled back into bed only to have my Siberian Husky howl like a wolf that he needed to use the facility's outside . On occasion when he is let out after doing his business he gets side tracked and chases rabbits or whatever else might be outside. He also has been known to just walk in to my 3 foot deep Koy fish Pond for no good reason other then he enjoys being wet.......Well he chose last night to get baptized again and when he barked to be let back in the house 20 minutes later my spidey senses should have gone off......but they didn't, I opened the door and he darted past me to head towards his bed in our kitchen. You could smell the pond muck on him for the second he whizzed past me. As I entered the kitchen there he was doing the dog water shedding maneuver dance in the center of our kitchen. I had to find old towels in our laundry room to dry him off plus use two hair dryers also. Nothing like wet dog smell when your tired and you're having a tooth ache........So yeah Bob I dont like replacement refs either.........[:mad:] [8D]

glass man

Reaction score
I sure wish they could get it together before my FALCONS play sunday!!They are playing Tampa bay...a division rival..important game!!

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
I feel your pain. The Redskins were robbed of an opportunity at the end of their game as well. Ever heard of a 25yd penalty? Me either but we got one and a ten second runoff on a penalty when the clock wasn't running. Week before that we played the Rams and there was a shoving match at the end of every play. These refs have to go. They have no business being in the NFL level football. That INT in the GB game was as plain as day!! Did the two idiots in the endzone even bother to confer with the head ref after they had conflicting calls? Nope. One just caved to the others bogus call. Goodell harps and harps about player safety and turns around and does this because the refs want a better pension and a 60k raise per team? Single players have been fined more than that by Goodell himself. Bunch of BS!!

surfaceone

Reaction score
They wuz robbed, Bob...

390-footballcall-0924.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Sorry for your toothache and stinky dog. If you ever visit your daughter, look me up. Maybe we could get a beer and talk bottles.

Jamie. I think that the replacements will be gone soon. Too much heat from this (and all of the other bad calls and failures). If another game goes down like that, the owners are going to riot.

Hey Skins,
I'm looking forward to seeing RGIII. Should help the skins return to glory in the coming years. Good luck.

Thanks Surface,
I'm still not over it but it looks like they are going to have to move on and try for lemonade.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583