Packer ref debacle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
I'm a Seahawk fan and the only issue I have is that it should have been blown dead on a pass interference call and Packers win 12-7. As a Seahawk fan, I am glad for the W in the win column, but Green Bay was robbed. It was their game.

As for the replay officials - by rule they can not change possession of the catch OR call a penalty that was not called on the field. All they can do is determine if it actually was a catch - and are not allowed to overturn an on-field possession ruling. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Couple things to remember: we would have no football without the replacement refs, everybody on the field makes mistakes (dropped catches, missed blocks, bad throws - the list is long), this is the fault of the NFL and the Refs Union, the replacement refs are making historical mistakes and are in way over their heads - but it is not their fault, they are being asked to perform above their abilities. If the coach puts a quarterback in as a defensive tackle is it the QB's fault for getting run over or the coach's fault for putting him there in the first place?

Hats off to Green Bay coach for putting it behind him, publicly at least, and focusing on next weeks game.

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Skins,
I'm looking forward to seeing RGIII. Should help the skins return to glory in the coming years. Good luck.

Thanks, this is the most excited I have been in years for the Skins franchise. RGIII should be the greatest franchise QB in maybe the history of the team if things work out. By working out I mean us not getting him killed with Kyle Shannahans idiot play calling or him running for his life constantly behind our weak O-line.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Ron (KTBI),
Thanks for crediting the Pack with the win. My main concern now is that the Pack does not lose focus and that they get on with the season. One loss, outside your division, shouldn't control your playoff fate (if you will).

Some updates. The gentelman who called the touchdown was apparently deemed unfit (or not quallified) to ref at the division 1 college level. He was way way in over his head.

Also, it appears that the NFL and the owners are now very close to a deal. They're going to have to wrap it up quick or we may have replacements another week. But if they get the deal done in the next day or two, things might return to normal by Sunday.

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
There have been some pretty good stories about some of the replacement refs. One got to ref a game for his favorite team that he publicly pulled for on facebook and another is a professional gambler lol. It's like they may as well be playing in the 1920's again.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Yea Skins. And more stories will be forthcoming. I've heard that many were cut from the lingerie league. They've lost every shred of credibility at this point. They will be second guessed on their GOOD calls at this point. They've absolutely overstayed their time in the NFL. Time for some refs who inspire confidence.

Aaron Rodgers commented that the NFL in compromising the product on the field. Hang on. I'll find the quote and post it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Okay. Found it.

Our sport is generated, the multi-billion dollar machine is generated, by people coming to watch us play,'' Rodgers said. "And the product that is on the field is not being complemented by an appropriate set of officials. The games are getting out of control.''
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/25/aaron-rodgers-replacement-refs.ap/index.html#ixzz27bqpQvND

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D] The Sacramento Bee put it pretty much in perspective with the statement that the NFL in its greed is insulting and making fools out of all of its fans, wich means us, all of us who watch or pay to go to these games. It is all big business to the NFL, they are trying to get off with as little as possible in paychecks to the refs, meanwhile subjecting their bread and butter( us fans) to the incompetance that is currently the standard of refereeing of these games. WE ALL should just stop going for a week and see how they like that!! fed up fan.........

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Andy. It looks like it will be un-necessary to boycott as the regulars will be back soon. You can't look back at this whole fiasco and say that Goodell did anything right. He passed off fifth rate officals for several weeks who basically undermined his position by being horrible. After Monday, something HAD to give. If he wanted to take a hardline position he should have planned ahead. Specifically, he should have set up special training to prepare these stand-ins for the rigors of NFL refereeing. Too late now.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I watched most of the second half. Couldn't believe the ending. Seemed like somebody was robbed, but then again how many hands were on the ball? The photo with the two refs ruling differently at the same time says it all.

PD

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8|] Yeah, It looks like the fools came to a good conclusion for a change. Get some of the good refs back before any more damage is done to the games integrity. Now I hope they get back in time for this next weekend........

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.