Paterson EXPLOSION!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I'd eat crickets for a month to get my hands on this collection...[;)]

It's not too late to eat the crickets..

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I'd eat crickets for a month to get my hands on this collection...[;)]

It's not too late to eat the crickets..
I'm just happy I went food shopping before going to look at the jugs...[;)]

sandchip

Reaction score
Good for you, Jim! I've yet to find one embossed bottle from where I live, so it's absolutely incredible that that much stuff came out of one town. I'll bet the guru must have some killer bottles, too.

surfaceone

Reaction score

D6B791F156B840B2B42D1E44DE72430F.jpg

Holy Potash Brothers, Jim!

I don't ever remember reading of, nor seeing such a significant transfer of stoneware. I'm flabbergasted. Your Guru, and you are to be congratulated! Is this coming with a book of backstory, or narrative history?

You must be shiteing shamrocks!

Tell me of that red X'd cobalt winged wheel one, will'ya. please.

shamrocks2-390x285.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Indeed he does Jim... Thanks Chris, it would be nice to have dug them all like you do, but I'm very happy indeed.[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
It's the collection the Guru has amassed over the years Surf and he decided he wants to concentrate on glass alone except for two of the stoneware jugs. A few other folks got a look at it but the understanding was that I had first shot at any jugs in the collection, and this morning was that shot. Having drooled over it for a few years now I asked him what number he had in mind for the whole lot, we had talked about it before and I felt the number was reasonable, but today I was able to make a counter offer. Luckily he felt it was fair and we shook hands on it.

I think a big part of it was the fact he wants them to go as a whole, the fact that they would go to someone who's so hooked on Paterson was also a plus I believe, and ever since we met a few years back he has always been overly giving and kind to me. The week after we met him and his dig partner dropped off two cases of bottles they had for sale, the prices were cheap and there were 6 or 7 marked 'FREE' so I took the whole lot. He knows that I will keep and appreciate them, so once again he did me right. He's part of the reason I like to do giveaways hee and also pass along bottles to young collectors and the family members of Paterson brewers/bottlers/liquor dealers when they contact me.

The wheel with wings is actually a water wheel, I forget which merchant is on the jug right now but I'll get the details and better pics next time I go over to his house...

epackage

Reaction score
I did have to throw in one bottle I have in my collection he had never seen nor heard of before, that was a no brainer...

Steve/sewell

Reaction score

I know that Charlie and I'm more than happy to hold onto them, in fact I will leave them for my nieces since I have no kids of my own. The only ones that will go on the market are the doubles, and hopefully those will go in a trade for something I don't have...[;)] The GURU went ABOVE & BEYOND for me....
Congratulations Jim!!!!!,instant collection. Obviously this man entrusts you with the torch of this great collection you now have many more then the Paterson Museum I am sure. From the Movie Back to school,Rodney Dangerfield ( sorry Plumbata I know you hate people who quote movie lines but I couldn't help myself )........ Now that's what I call marine biology!!! and then he says.........

50D6611AF66F4B6FB1A0529718CCCBA8.jpg

Attachments

• 50D6611AF66F4B6FB1A0529718CCCBA8.jpg
    50D6611AF66F4B6FB1A0529718CCCBA8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 65

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday