Paying for eBay items from UK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i have never purchased anything over seas but i did bid on an item from canda one time. i messaged the seller and she said that you could get an international money order from the post office. i didn't win the item so never found out the difference.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
A LARGE Thank you to all who replied and for your input and help.

Hopefully, this is resolved - at least for this auction and all auctions and sellers will differ.

I got a reply from the seller this morning simply stating that "a normal Dollar check is fine". So, I take this as he wants me to send him a personal check from my bank. No problem, if that's what he wants then I'll mail it today.

Suspiciously, the total grew an additional $5. I suspect that this was added to cover his cashing or bank costs. No worries on this end though. The seller does have 100% feedback.

I'll show off the bottle if and when I get it...right here on the forum.[:D] Hopefully this thread will help future US buyers purchase items overseas... for those who do not offer Paypal.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I think you can get international money orders from the bigger internation banks (not your local mom and pop bank) and maybe from post office (but they may only do it in dollars, not sure).
If the seller takes a personal check in dollars, good for you. Its going to cost the seller fees and probably a cashing delay too. I have been down that road a couple times and decided I only accept foreign payments via paypal now (and beaver pelts!).
Good luck.

BARQS19

Reaction score
International money orders can be found at your post office, it's the pink one. I don't know about sending a personal check, it's going to cost him a ton to cash it, more than $5 maybe.
Robert
BARQS19

pupman

Reaction score
Here's another idea,Try the larger supermarkets,somtimes they carry international money orders and are easy to use. No extra fees in most cases.This is after hundreds of purchases in England,Australia,Philippines etc. without a hitch and very satisfied sellers but then again,what do I know,I said e-bay(and some of it's bidders) is out of control and I still by the way,maintain that point of veiw!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday