Photographing cobalt bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
Why you getting all tekinkal like on my shizay?

OH NO YOU Diiiiiii ENT!

Whatever dude!

Bob is very reluctant to cut loose and tell you his glass stopper story. He dropped a goodie bad FULL of them. Found a pile with thousands!!!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Yeah, I checked. You can tell he's not lettin lose but he wants to.[sm=lol.gif]I'll get him to tell me the whole story eventually.

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Warren,

Now that you and Bob are best friends I think you should know... He has a termite farm and may be trying to use you for wood! [:D]

I just think you should be careful is all!

Steven

capsoda

Reaction score
Thats ok Steven, My left leg is made of ELUEDIAM PEW32 and its space lazer proof.[sm=lol.gif]The rest of me is.... well....my wife says poop with sugar on it.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Your not feeling peu de chose are you. [sm=lol.gif]Your still my #1 Wisconsin bottle buddy little gipper.[sm=lol.gif]

Wisconsin sure is way to hell and gone up north.

mrbottles

Reaction score
Good morning Warren!

Well, I was feeling a little left out since Bob called me yesterday and tells me you guys are going bottle hunting and he'll let me know what you find! I may go diving this weekend in a place where I found an unlisted Fire grenade! The freezing water is nice and clear. [:)]

I have a probe out of ELUEDIAM PEW32. (I suppose you do too) Or I should say HAD. Remember that little Martian on bugs bunny? He was after some rare Wisconsin bottles and attacked me and my digging partner while we were out on a dig. He actually said something like, "I'VE COME TO COLLECT ALL THE BOTTLES IN YOUR STATE... TAKE ME TO THE BLOSSOMS BADGER ALE" (In a very weird voice) Sure he was pointing his space laser at us so we were like okay okay we'll take you. In reality there was no way we were going to hand over the Blossoms to that little son of a &^&*(^@! I picked up four alabamie bottles we had just found and starting juggling. (Juggling is mesmerizing to the little Martians you know.) While he was distracted my partner threw a digging tarp over him and we made off. He fired his laser repeatedly before he was able to free himself and go back to his little ship to flee.

When we went back to the scene the next day with a bunch of space abducty freaks.[:'(] (You know the kind you see on sixty minutes and 20/20.) The probe made of ELUEDIAM PEW32 Was vaporized. It must have taken a direct hit from the little guys space laser!

Again I'm only trying to help here. I don't want to hear you got into a tussle with a space alien and ended up vaporized because you tried to attack with your left leg leading!

Steven

P.S. I used the alabamie bottles so i wouldn't have to feel bad if i dropped and broke them... I'm a terrible juggler![;)]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
MrBottles...

Hey Steven, congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family![;)] I guess your diving time will be a little less, but when you do get underwater, the peacefulness... the quiet... the relaxation... you'll be falling asleep![:D]

I'm going through bottle withdrawal... my drysuits aren't back from being repaired yet, (I had them stored in a dive bag out in the garage and mice ate a hole through both of them!!) So I'm still wet suitin it[&:] Water temp is down to 40 degrees now oh well...

Your web site is super... I'm glad you found us here on the forum. It's quite a family we have here... Have a Happy New Year and the best to you and your family,

Wayne[:)]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback and the kind wishes!!! I thought you had given up on the bottle chat thing.

The site is taking shape even as we speak. Just today I completed a redo of a bunch of images in my personal gallery and in the Wisconsin blob soda gallery. I'm back to moving forward instead of redoing! If you have any ideas that would make the site better let me know. We will soon have a Wisconsin bitters gallery and whisky gallery. Getting photographs of as many different bottles is tough and putting them up takes time!

We used to dive wet in water that was only open because of high current with air temperatures near zero! It would take hours to warm back up and the dives would suck the energy right out of you. I was going to hit a river today in a rapids area but we have unusually warm temperatures today and a ton of rain so I'll loose the benefit of being able to see. It's an area where I found some good stuff but with basically rapids you need to see to dive it effectively. I'm going to put it off until next weekend.

You know we have a forum at mrbottles too, right? It would be nice to see you there!

Happy new year!

Steven

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
MrBottles...

Steven, I didn't give up the bottle forum chat thing, I was just away on vacation. [&:]

I brought the lap top with me but for some reason, I couldn't get hooked up and when I did, the keyboard letters were so small that I kept hitting wrong ones or doubles, so I just gave up[:mad:]

I'm back home now and just got back in from a couple of service calls. Boy the water is frigid...[&:] But this is how I make my living, so the work must go on. I can't wait till the dry suits get back! Talk to you soon,

Wayne

mrbottles

Reaction score
Oh My!

The tears are welling up in my eyes![:(] You have to go in the cool water to make a living? That's only one step away from having the sleepy relaxed life of Warren. Do you ever find treasure (bottles) on the job?

Man what a life!

Steven

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Steven...

Yes, I've found a couple of nice things while working... I bring some up and put them aside. I found that Iberian/Spanish olive jar on a job, the Stoddard Double Eagle half pint on another[8D] I write down the GPS numbers and then return to the exact site later on and scour the area! It has worked real well. When I'm working with my boat, I try to take a lunch hour and burn a tank of air in a new spot to see what I can find...

It makes the day go by fast. As long as I get my work done, then everybody is happy![:D]

Wayne

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen