Photographing Hawaiian bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Spencer, To find Seminole start at Pensacola, FL and go west across the state line to Alabama. Seminole is in Baldwin County just over the state line near the gulf coast. It was in the booneys 10 years ago.

stinger haut

Reaction score
O.K everyone,
Here is another picture that I took of a yellow,reddish, orangey amber bottle that I tumbled.
I find that these colored bottles are hardest for me to shoot.
Any suggestions or hints on how shoot them better would be helpful. Please, remember that natural light is out where I live.
Stinger

251D5A6E4BA5439981A4ED95A16CDBA8.jpg

stinger haut

Reaction score
O.K. I am really a pukahead,
The last two posts that I did , I blew it and just attached them to Rick's post instead of a NEW POST.
Can a higher being delete these posts (please)?
Stinger

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
Hey Stinger

I don't mind that you have your post here

Try using clamp on lights and experiment with your angles.

I am in the process of designing a portable bottle light box as I have lots of request to take photos of other local bottle collectors. The system needs to be able to photograph clear, cobalt, amber, embossed as well as painted lable bottles either day or night. I'm hoping to have it done real soon. I could use any advice from the members here as well.

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
Hey brudda Pono (aka Stinger)

Your pics looks perfectly fine to me. A job well done concidering that the darker bottles are harder to photograph.

acls

Reaction score
You guys really know how to phototgraph a bottle. It definitely is not as easy as it sounds. Nice pics stinger.

This is turning out to be a great (kine?) post.

And Rick, that Spiffy bottle is so pretty....................it brought a tear to my eye.

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
Thank you for not getting upset that I blew it with the posting. I was in a hurry (lunch with my eldest daughter today)
If you can make a single light box that would be able to shoot any color bottle, you would have a nice export product from Hawaii. It would definitely have to be flexible and some how be adjustable to the different bottle sizes. Maybe multipule lights in different places and angles. A background that can be adjusted for color, texture, reflection, etc.
We stay live on the eastside, sunshine at the right time to shoot bottles is very hard. So, we're motivated to try and overcome our lighting situation.
Sounds exciting!!!!!
Pono

stinger haut

Reaction score
Howsit acls,
Mahalo for your nice comments.
Spiffy bottle dakine fo reel.
Stinger

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Cool sodas, do you happen to know what the Excelsior is worth? I bought one but I think I paid too much. I got it for about $30.00.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1