Photographing Hawaiian bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: DiggerBryan

Cool sodas, do you happen to know what the Excelsior is worth? I bought one but I think I paid too much. I got it for about $30.00.

They normally go for $50-$1000

This one goes for $50
FD0F8A786F4F4BC985479A903631AF2C.jpg

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Thanks Rick, that is the one I got so I guess I didn't overpay after all.

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hi DiggerBryan,
I just sold that Excelsior Hutch for $145.00, so yours might be worth more.
Stinger

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
Hey Stinger (aka Brudda Pono)

Are you sure that the Excelsior was the #339 (round top) no period after CO and period after Ltd. and HILO.? I think it's the #341(funnel top) that goes for around $80, and the #335 goes for $1200. It might be a good thing that I did not sell the Excelsior (pictured) for $50. [:)] I think that I need to have my friend who's a fellow collector come over and help me price my extra bottles. I think I sold some of them too cheap. Oh, bummers... Good thing I sold them to a friend so it doesn't hurt too much. [:D]

I still have a one or two boxes of Hawaii blobs that I am planning to take up to the collectors show on Oahu in in February or March (gotta check da calendar). A lot of the collectors there do not want to sell but are willing to do trades only.

Laterz,

stinger haut

Reaction score
Howsit Rick,
To tell you the truth, I don't know which Excelsior hutch it really was.
My neighbor used to work for Excelsior. He comes over and talks to me sometimes when I am preparing bottles for tumbling. He said if that Excelsior comes out of the tumbler like it was new, he wanted it.
He came over yesterday and looked at it and offered me $145.00 for it. He said that he has never seen one with any whittle in it.
Yeah, its Hilo fo reel, but I have one more with more whittle in it, so I sold it to him. I thought that it was worth about $80.00 or so.
They wanted more kala than I wanted to pay for the bottle book, so I 'll keep looking.
Bayfront is gonna go off big tomorrow, I am resting da back fo it.
Pono

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Thanks again for the info. I'll have to do some further inspection once I get the bottle. I attached a picture of the one I got. It looks like it has some case wear around the base. But nothing a good tumble can't cure. I have a few bottles from Hilo but I mainly collect from Oahu. Do you have any for sale/trade? I'm not sure I'll have what you're looking for but I can post them if you'd like.

9CBE4716041F4CFBA18AFE5FEBF12032.jpg

Attachments

• 9CBE4716041F4CFBA18AFE5FEBF12032.jpg
    9CBE4716041F4CFBA18AFE5FEBF12032.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 86

stinger haut

Reaction score
Hi DiggerBryan,
I don't have anything to sell or trade at this time, but I am interested in buying any Hawaiian bottles. I do have one extra Hawaiian Soda Works Honolulu, but I need to tumble it.
If you want to post your bottles, I would be interested in them.
Stinger

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey Stinger, I was hoping to trade but I might consider selling as I'm a little low on cash, story of my life. Here is what I can think of off the top of my head.
Milks:
1/2 pint Hilo Sugar Co.
1/2 pint H.C. & S. Co. Puunene
1 quart H.C. & S. Co. Puunene
1 pint Branco Dairy Hilo

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Sure, I'll get some photos up tomorrow. It's waaayy past my bed time right now. [;)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause