Pontiled at last!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Yeah I think there's still a possibility of finding something more there, but so far its been evasive.

tigue710

Reaction score
I go back to dumps indefinitely. Sometimes there is more... Like that pontil dump I just dug. Other diggers had "dug it out" and I was going there for 15 years after that... Just this winter I dug 30 pontil and pontil age bottles out of it! Never give up until you hit clay...

cobaltbot

Reaction score
This is one of my best April Fool's memories so I thought I'd bump it. I have been back to the place a couple times and have found some cool smalls like several chandalier prisms and a tuba? mouthpiece, a few whole bottles, but nothing close to the Miller find. It still remains a unique bottle, holding a full 3 ounces of fluid, it could be the biggest of its kind found yet. Last weekend when the scouts were up I was going to walk halfway back to the cabin with them and detour off to this spot but they drove back. I think I'm going to hit it one more time for old time's sake.

Dansalata

Reaction score
congrats to you and thanks for the great story , that is one bitchrn looking bottle just has that old look wtg!!!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Great post Steve,...I smiled when I reread it..I remember reading it back when you posted it,...and It's still cool to read...great bottle, and who isn't thrilled to fand a pontiled bottle. I count myself lucky, and I've only dug or found a few...This might be the season for a few more!

This is one of my best April Fool's memories so I thought I'd bump it.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

Great story and no joke!
Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

This could hardly be called digging, I held my breath as I pulled it out and turned it over, it looked perfect, THANKYOU! I breathed and not remembering yet it was April Fool’s day, but knowing it was Palm Sunday I felt like yelling Halleluiah! but did it inwardly as I didn’t want to draw attention to the place! Sorry for all the teasing and making such a big deal over one little bottle but here’s what I got:

011E8858A500458786886F831E1837BA.jpg

Right down to the fern growing out of it! good for you man, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator