Real or fake? Sunburst flask in bright apple green

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are always are worried about other folks listings.. It could have been more clear in the listing but if your buying flasks on this level you should have a clue..It's the folks trying to make money buying cheap that will bite not collectors.BTM is right, the flask is still collectible and more attractive than alot of other stuff that brings good money from that era.

Hell, there is a reputed Glass auction house selling some reproductions in their current auction without listing them as such if anyone is really concerned..

Wilkie

Reaction score
I think you should report him to eBay and ask them to stop the auction. Do you have an email or something where he told you it was a '20's spanish piece? Sent that communication to eBay. If you don't care about the seller, notify him instead and tell him to cancel the auction or you will report him to ebay.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

BTMAMERICANGLASS
Tell him yourself Wilk BTMAMERICANGLASS
GEE Lobes, thanks for that great idea, I never thought of that[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Maybe if I was the one with the email from the seller, saying that it was a 1920's repro from Spain, then I would! Besides, reading further on I see that it was already pulled.

Wilkie

Reaction score

he's right here on the post wilk speak your mind
Do me a favor Dick, since we obviously hate each other equally, how 'bout you don't even respond to "anything" I post, better yet, just use the little button at the bottom of one of my posts to BLOCK me, that is what I'm going to do to you. I don't like your childish manner, I think your one of the rudest people I've ever come across, and me being one to speak my mind when I feel like I'm being attacked, to save myself the aggrevation and let everyone else avoid our little pissing contests, it's better to just block you, I have never read anything of value from you anyway so atleast now I won't have to waste my time with you. That being said, time to go push that little button.

RedGinger

Reaction score
At the risk of stepping into a hornet's nest, how come everyone always thinks he's rude just because he has a different view? It's actually pretty funny to read. People get so cheesed off, as Joe would say, over stupid stuff. It's only bottles and a computer screen.

RedGinger

Reaction score
And did anyone ever bother to notice what I said on the first page??

Plumbata

Reaction score
As for the value or lack there of, of the things I post on here, you are certainly a better judge of that than I. I will say they get a lot of hits[:D]

That admission, intentional or otherwise, explains just about everything. Now it all makes sense to me. Congratulations on being the center of attention here, I hope it makes you happy.

Anyway, although this listing was demonstrably dishonest, it is not as bad as people pasting NOS opiate labels on worthless slicks and selling them as originals which once held the contents indicated by the non-original label, as potteryman_1957 has been/is doing. The seller didn't make/slap together the flask himself so it is a situation where the buyer must beware and make his own judgments. That being said, if ebay hadn't removed the ability to contact the bidders of auctions I would still be warning potential buyers. I used to patrol the Ancient Roman artifacts and warn people about the fake weapons/fibulae/etc they were bidding on, and I felt that I was doing a good thing for the hobby. I wish I could do the same nowadays when it comes to faked controlled substance bottles and apothecary jars.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Antiquenut

I believe youre honest but definitely not because youre a Sagittarius.

Well, that is supposed to be a trait. We're honest even if it unintentionally hurts someone's feelings, or so they say. I don't put a lot of stock in it, just a fun fact. The important part is that I'm honest. [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR