Season ending bottle dives

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

adshepard

Reaction score
Headed to Downeast Maine for Thanksgiving and had some great weather to do a couple of end of season bottle dives. Storm Sandy churned up the bottom a bit revealing a few new items here and there. The only piece worth posting is this creamer:

BD7DBC15FC424E60A6BEDE751E9CE9BE.jpg

It stands 2.75" tall. It is the first creamer I've found that never had a handle. I find plenty of the version that had a handle but the handle is busted.

Also found a black glass ale, plenty of slick meds, numerous jam crocks, and a few butter pats.

Have to think that steamship passengers ate lots of bread with jam and butter because the jam crocks and butter pats are fairly common.

Alan

Attachments

• BD7DBC15FC424E60A6BEDE751E9CE9BE.jpg
    BD7DBC15FC424E60A6BEDE751E9CE9BE.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 60

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
That creamer is a nice find, nothing wrong with a black glass ale either. Good luck next season.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Pretty cool Alan. And cold too I bet. It's going to be awhile before I suit up again. Oh well. Nothing to do but wait patiently.

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Pretty cool Alan. And cold too I bet. It's going to be awhile before I suit up again. Oh well. Nothing to do but wait patiently.

I love the dinnerware from the steamships. Actually not very cold. Water is still 50f, unusually warm for late November.

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cacarpetbagger

That creamer is a nice find, nothing wrong with a black glass ale either. Good luck next season.

Black glass is a favorite of mine especially with messy pontils which this one has.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles