tues finds7th

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, i had to go to my mon's house tue. so decided to stop and dig on the way home. kinda get away for LITTLE WHILE. found some colbolt bottles, 1 is a milk of magnesia, 2 are not embossed, but where made by maryland glass co. the one in the center has a design pat. date of july, 13th, 1937. a nice glass, i'm sure it is like the one's you used to buy jelly in and then reuse the jar. an embossed shoe polish bottle. the little white thing in the center i think might be a xmas tree ornament, it looks like a lion's head? holding a ping pong paddle. thanks for looking, any information would be welcome. rhona

Vt56195.jpg

Attachments

• Vt56195.jpg
    Vt56195.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 55

annie44

Reaction score
Hi Rhona,
The one in the back looks like a pickle bottle. It looks like it has a nice light green cast to it, too. Nice finds, and you do a great job cleaning them up. They don't even look like dug bottles!
Cindy

capsoda

Reaction score
Nice finds Rhona, Love the cobalt in the middle, never seen one like it before. I always keep the Christmas ornaments.

NORG

Reaction score
I think the cobalt one in the middle is a cod liver oil, I have one with a label.

Rob

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi cindy, warren and rob, thanks for looking, barkeepers friend works wonders at times. the green pickle jar is peirce glass co. most of what i find from them have a really pretty lt. green color. any ideal on the age of the xmas onament? rob can you post a pic. of you bottle, does it have a design pat. #on it? what i cleaned out of this bottle was like the residue in milk of magnesia bottles, off white and not oily at all. thanks again for looking, rhona

NORG

Reaction score
Rhona - From what I can remember it is a Gerald S. Doyles Cod Liver Oil, but I can't remember the design patent #. I don't have my collection with me, as I am away from home. But if you can wait, I can take a pic when I go home in April.

Rob

NORG

Reaction score
Rhona - No more waiting...I got my Dad to take a picture of the bottle, here it is...

Nl30550.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30550.jpg
    Nl30550.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 51

Mike in P.S.

Reaction score
That ornament is actually a christmas tree light bulb! I dug one at my dump site and sold it on Ebay. A person who collected tennis/badminton stuff bought it. Cool finds! Mike.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday