What cities are known to have pontiled druggist bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
Here is a nice biblical name... Abijah!
Other side says "established in 1836"

3B4B2FC658B448F98252CD603A8126E0.jpg

Attachments

• 3B4B2FC658B448F98252CD603A8126E0.jpg
    3B4B2FC658B448F98252CD603A8126E0.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 117

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
I would love to have some extra pontiled Adam’s! Theo has been after me for the one I have. It is a slightly bluish teal shade he actually doesn’t have There are a few smooth based druggist pictured in the case. Unfortunately the Pike & Kelloggs is one. As I post each I will give dimensions etc. I am still learning how to post on here so bare with me. I also need to make a photo box.

Oh and yes the buldged neck one is a Samuel Simes from Philly. One of my favorite shaped early druggist.

Excellent druggists Earlyglass! Is the amber one pontiled?

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Some beautiful glass there Mike! I love how you captured the whittle, very nice!

Yeah James, I think everyone in St. Louis and the rest of Missouri is looking for the Adams! I have a friend who has a strong teal, and an emerald green example as well as two aquas. Theo has a great run of them too, one of the best actually.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but there is an aqua rectangled open pontiled R&J Adams druggist bottle known, only one that I know of tho. I believe it's around 4-5 inches tall.

Thanks again for any info on your St. Louis examples that you can provide.

All the best,
~Tim

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: DruggistBottles

I would love to learn more about any druggist from Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida or Mississippi.
You and me both!Ive often wondered if there were any pontiled druggists from Mississippi.Do you have any Mississippi druggists?If so id love to know what they are and if youd ever like to sell an please let me know.

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
I think I saw a pontiled Mississippi druggist for sale a few years back. I'll have to see if I still have a record of it. It might have just been a medicine (also extremely rare). I was trying to collect southern pontiled medicines but never saw many! And those I did see I could not afford. That's when I decided to focus on druggists as I was always seeing those. I have about 10 non pontiled Mississippi druggists but no duplicates. However, I am starting to inventory all my druggists (300+) and may part with some that are not in color or with a graphic. Someday I plan to write a book on druggist bottles. Well up to the point someone else writes one…

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

Drs Mcdonald & Levy Liquid extract of Manzanita Sacramento city California, all onna flat oval shaped bottle smaller than a Jake witha cool small blowpipe pontil.......

Let's not forget Rowler's Rheumatism Medicine/Prepared By Dr. J.R. Boyce/Sacramento. 8", embossed vertically and comes in aquas to green and OP, IP and SB. I have dug three, all OP.
CIMG2658.jpg

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
Wow, I love the Tucker from Mobile!! Now I just need to sell 70 of my comon druggists... Hm, maybe that will be a goal for me to start selling again. I assume this is the same Tucker that later had the SARRACENIA LIFE BITTERS?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1