What cities are known to have pontiled druggist bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
I wish I could... it is good for 15% off.
Tough bottle to find!

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: DruggistBottles

I think I saw a pontiled Mississippi druggist for sale a few years back. I'll have to see if I still have a record of it. It might have just been a medicine (also extremely rare). I was trying to collect southern pontiled medicines but never saw many! And those I did see I could not afford. That's when I decided to focus on druggists as I was always seeing those. I have about 10 non pontiled Mississippi druggists but no duplicates. However, I am starting to inventory all my druggists (300+) and may part with some that are not in color or with a graphic. Someday I plan to write a book on druggist bottles. Well up to the point someone else writes one…
Ill PM you my email so you can get in touch with me if youd like to sell any MS druggists.Id like to know where they're from if you remember,Are any of them from Kosciusko,Ms?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I've heard there's a pontiled med/druggist from Bloomfield, NJ. Anyone ever heard of it? I would kill for one. I'm not even kidding, I'm pretty good with a shovel, and I have plenty of places to dispose of the corpse.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I've heard there's a pontiled med/druggist from Bloomfield, NJ. Anyone ever heard of it? I would kill for one.

I have not heard of it ...and I would not tell you if I had one lest you shalt kill me for it[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Not a druggist, but one heckuva bottle from Texas:

"Prices Patent Texas Tonic - Republic of Texas"
38A6FD26790D43F4B2ACB29B0204DFAD.jpg

Technically, Texas was a separate country at the time so I dunno if you would count it even if it was a druggist. One on eBay sold for 10,000 a year or so ago. Not a surprise, as the bottle is uber rare and loaded with history. Probably my #1 pontil were I intent on collecting them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583