What in the world are you supposed to do???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I just ran into a very weird and troubling ebay experience. I listed some flasks, the guy asked if they were repros, I assured them they were not. He recieved the flasks and contacted me with a very nasty "I just received the two flasks I purchased a few days ago.
I questioned you, prior to bidding, if these were vintage originals or modern remakes. Your answer was "NO REPRODUCTION HERE". I had several promenant bottle collectors look at these and all had the same answer. Nice but not vintage.
What is your answer now ?? How do you want to proceed from here ?? I have not contacted EBAY or PAYPAL yet and I will await a prompt response from you."

I replied to just send them back, but I did know they were original. I told him his "prominent" collectors were sadly mistaken. I just know this guy is going to slam me with bad numbers and negatives, does anyone have any suggestions?? I will block this bidder, his name is "ivescb" if anyone wants to block him.
here is a link to the auctions,
ebay & ebay

Any help would be appreciated
Bill

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Oh, man! What a dirtball the guy is!! This is definitely a scam.. [:mad:]

jane8851

Reaction score
Having bought from you myself I know your bottles are honestly represented and this buyer is a jerk. Take them back and block him from ever bidding on your auctions again.

BTW, I absolutely love the pontilled GW Merchant I got from you last week!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's amazing how the auctions ended 3 days ago, the bottles shipped, he got them, and he has shown them to "several prominent bottle collectors" already.. this guy is doing the time warp!!!
I really hope he doesn't screw up your 100% positive feedback!!!!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Thanks Jane. BTW, I absolutely love that cone ink, have been watching it all along, it should do fantastic for you.
Bill

jane8851

Reaction score
Thanks Bill. I didn't mean to hijack your thread tho. I really do love the Merchant's bottle too.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
So I guess this technique works with insulators as well? [;)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score

the guy appears to be a yard sale reseller.
His 'experts' may be the ebay general antiques forum.
I would , first, stay cool.
I would send him the emails for several respected bottle companies like glass works, Hecklers, etc. Say if any of them have the slightest doubts you will be glad to refund thier money.
Thier move...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2