What in the world are you supposed to do???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I happen to personally know this guy you sold them to, a little while back he served several years behind bars. He`s an antique dealer, and he went on a house call, looked at some rare coins, saw where they were kept, and then had some neighborhood winos break in and steal them for him. Luckily he was caught and put away for a while. He has always treated me fair, but I`ve seen him do some shady things with people and heard of even worse things about him. I hope you can just get the bottles back with no problem. I would contact eBay as soon as possible and tell them the story, so hopefully the might block any nasty feedback. I hope everything goes well for you!

900A6505BE294BD68CC6721177B949FE.jpg

Attachments

• 900A6505BE294BD68CC6721177B949FE.jpg
    900A6505BE294BD68CC6721177B949FE.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 67

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
well that sheds some ugly light on the situation.

I would just say send them back if you dont like them and I will refund the money.
Not much more you can do. Fleabay works in favor of the buyer not the seller.

It might just be best to let him open up an ebay/paypal case that way you at least get some minimal arbitration. (Like he will have to show proof he shipped them back)

justanolddigger

Reaction score
just got another email from this guy. By the way, I also sell under the ebay handle iamadigger, that is the one I refer to when I say I've been selling for 10 years on ebay. This guy is really a piece of work, I just hope to get out of this without any damage.

Dear thealdenwave,

Thanks for the quick response.

I won't be sending the flask back. Mainly because I don't want someone else ending up with them. $100 isn't the issue to me.

Iam watching or bidding on several of your Cathedral Bottles. No further bids will be given. Your description on all the bottles you have listed leaves serious doubt about their authenticity. Not once do you say VINTAGE or even give a hint to the AGE of the bottles. Even your answer to my question ( VIA EBAY ) about lack of wear was skirted by a ( NO REPRODUCTIONS HERE ) answer. Of course they are real. It's their age thats in question.

Sending the bottles back ( NO QUESTIONS ASKED ) just lets you off of the hook. Plus I end up paying the return shipping. Thats a win win situation for you.

FYI two of the collectors that came to look at the bottles had seen them on EBAY, looked at your remaing bottles on EBAY, and did not bid on any of them. Both are auctioneers of vintage bottles and flasks.

I'll chalk this one up to experience gained.

By the way. How can you have been selling on Ebay for ten years when you started in 2005 ??
Probably the same way as your 40 years of bottle collecting.

Sincerely

- ivescb[/align]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
first thing I would do is put him on your blocked bidder list.

...I guess you already did? I certainly will.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
The only auctioneer of bottles & flasks around here is Norm Heckler, and I know that he wouldn`t be sticking his neck out like this, even if he was at the guy`s shop. The only other auctioneer around here might be Jim Hagenbuch, I`m sure he made a special trip up here from PA to CT to see the bottles. I would contact eBay, this guy is trying to give you a royal you-know-what up your you-know-where.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
is he high bidder on anything you have now?

Dont worry about bad feedback too much , everyone knows fleabay feedback is a joke now. Just make sure he doesnt win any other auctions.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
ivescb

his paypal payment came from NORTH WINDHAM ANTIQUES
North Windham, CT

He is blocked from bidding, thanks
Bill

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I smell a new kind of scam be carefull.Your bottles are original end of story. Tell the A__hole that there are several collectors on this forum who will back you up and his so called experts are either legally blind ,cant read or are they are just plain mentaly challenged.

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I just put him on my blocked bidder list myself, even though I`ve sold him bottles, it may just be a matter of tiome before it`s my turn for the screwing. I also looked at your sold list, no reproductions there of any kind. Tell Butch (that`s his name) to bring the bottles to Ernie`s auction and Bill with the bottles will straighten him out. He knows who I am and that I`ve forgotten more about bottles & glass than him and his "experts" will ever know. If he knows that someone local who knows him is getting involved, he`ll probably shut right up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2