What in the world are you supposed to do???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
His messages to you are fringing on harrassment, and eBay frounds on such activities. It`s almost like he`s trying extortion to get you to give him money back or he`ll give you bad feedback. Just a thought.....[:-]

appliedlips

Reaction score
All the while, they are probably sitting on his store shelf for $150 a piece with a ca. 1865 sticker on them. What a joker, blocked him too.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well it took a while because I kept seeing this thread a lot today and didn't get it until I read the whole series over again. As a group of straight shooters, I have to feel that the best response is to avoid a wet modern out house for the stuff that is in it. I have him blocked now. RED M.

rockbot

Reaction score
What a trip! I wouldn't want him to send them back. A guy like that would probably break them first and you would end up with nothing.
Keep the money and move on. You are a good seller with awesome stuff and thats all that matters.
Best regards, Rocky

bne74honda

Reaction score
Jumpin' Jerkheads! As a frequent and long time bidder on eBay I almost feel like I should apologize for this guys behaviour. Many times I will come across an item that's not as represented and I either ignore it or - if I feel particularly kind - will message the seller indicating where and how his listing is incorrect or an outright deception but I NEVER take it further or bid on anything unless I am 100% sure that the item is honestly represented and/or that I am comfortable with my own understanding of said listing.

This guy is the kind that, as a seller, I'm sure would thickly pad his shipping charges - you know the kind... $1.99 2 inch ink shipped for $25.89.

so very sorry you had to deal with such a butt monkey.

Brian

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I had several promenant bottle collectors look at these and all had the same answer. Nice but not vintage.
I have to agree with the buyer here, these are not vintage bottles. Vintage implies less that 100 years old. Those are bona fide antiques. Perhaps he was expecting 70's repro's.
This clowns an antique dealer????
I smell a new kind of scam be careful
Steve, this isn't a new scam at all unfortunately. It's been around for a since the beginning.

Just make sure you save all your communications for at minimum 3 months. That's how long he has to leave FB, I'm not sure about Paypal or whatever CC he may have used.
Good luck Bill

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I hate the word vintage. Its really meaningless when applied to bottles. Its a good indication that people dont know what they are talking about.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I hate the word vintage. Its really meaningless when applied to bottles. Its a good indication that people dont know what they are talking about.

That is exactly what my wife said, almost word for word!!

I thank everyone on here for their support, it is great to have, and it sure helps to be able to vent to like minded people. I was pretty upset about this until I heard from all of you. The one about breaking them and sending them back is scary because it is so realistic. Another tactic is to send back an empty box, I would be out either way, ebay would back them and I would lose. My favorites are Lobey's, they both sound satisfying to me. I hope everyone has a great day!
Bill

saratogadriver

Reaction score

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2