What's worse than a slick?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
You guys are giving me some ideas, here... I bet my brother-in-law would be into this "project" [;)]

Lordbud

Reaction score
Just the laudanum please, you can keep the rare bottles for your own selfish purposes![8D]

I actually have an old paper-labeled druggist from Johns & Johnson marked laudanum with some of the content residue still inside. Didn't want to damage the cork though so I left the contents as is. Although I was tempted, as I tried smoking the big O once as a 20-something many years ago.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud
Just the laudanum please, you can keep the rare bottles for your own selfish purposes![8D]

..so how do you want your share.. in Tupperwareâ„¢ ? [;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice! I save good clean old bottles for essentially the same thing!

I remember being in 7th and 8th grade grade and having this little hand blown slick flask with a new cork that I carried around everywhere, along with its contents of pilfered whiskey. Finally a teacher told me to leave it at home. Good thing she didn't ask to smell the contents, but i went to an odd grade school.

So do you brew your plum wine in old bottles too? [:)]

Here is a now-finished batch of very fine Red and Black Raspberry Melomel Mead. Best alcohol buzz I've ever had, and crafted in a pontiled demi no less!
n1937295_41852782_5353.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
We make wine from grapes that way.. the pic below is 2006's batch.. the plums get thrown into a huge wooden half barrel or vat at my brother-in-law's place.. when it's time, it gets pumped into a truck, like a septic tank cleaner's truck.. and brought over to the village distillery.. we make 2 seperate batches, one "good" batch is strictly plums, the other one is a mix of whatever rotten fruit we have gets tossed into.. personally I can't tell the difference in the final product.

The stuff is called Palinka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palinka

3690766556_6c83ff6503_b.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960