Who likes dark roasted peanuts?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Picklejar

Reaction score
I just got a brown paper bag of dark roasted peanuts from the flea market today. Delicious! I like the dark roasted because they are nearly burnt, and have coffee or dark cocoa tones. Who else out there loves dark roasted peanuts? -Joe

RonJonbold

Reaction score
Never tried that, but I like dark roasted coffee and dark roasted onions, so maybe they will be good. My last girlfriend was kind of dark and roasty, too, and she roasted my heart to a crisp, but I guess I shouldn't hold that against the peanuts, seeing as how they really had nothing to do with it beyond a casual similarity of color.

Dansalata

Reaction score
RON JON, YOU JUST TOTALLY CRACKED UP MY DAY OF BABYSITTING A KITTEN WHOS MOM ABANDONED HER TOOK ALL 5 AND LEFT THIS ONE BARELY WEANED, PAIN IN THE AZZ BUT CUTE AS HELL, THANKS FER THE LAUGH!!!

surfaceone

Reaction score
4228513265_59f3c2980f.jpg

Yummy notions, Ron,

Welcome to A-BN, and thanks for reminding me of my old ex-girlfriend...
Now I want some kalua...

kalua-pig.jpg

Picklejar

Reaction score
Exactly. Those extra dark pretzels are excellent as well. A pig roast and some mariachi would be great right about now.-joe

towhead

Reaction score
I luv regular old DRY ROASTED PEANUTS! Whichever bottle has the red label! -Julie

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Julie,

These?
IMG_9380.JPG

02947.jpg
In 1916, the company held a contest in which the winning design would become their brand icon. Young Antonio Gentile submitted a sketch of an anthropomorphic peanut with arms and crossed legs which he called "Mr. Peanut." A graphic artist later added a monocle, top hat, white gloves, and a cane to indicate that Planters peanuts were in a class of their own. And Antonio? He won the grand prize...a whole $5!" From.

I miss the great Mr. Peanut sign in San Francisco.

dsc_0673-4.jpg

Picklejar

Reaction score
Hey kwalker, the glazed are good, but sometimes I feel they can be too decadent if yr gonna sit down and scarf peanuts during a whole episode of "River Monsters."[:D]--Joe

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers