Your username?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Didn`t know how to use a computer, so my wife made me a name for an Ebay account about 7 years ago....Didn`[8|]t put any thought into it....

Bixel

Reaction score
Made my name when i was young and dumb. Really wish I could change it now. I have been thinking about abandoning the account I have now, and opening a new account.

Plumbata

Reaction score
I know I've related this before, but a plumbata is a lead-weighted, fletched, and lightweight javelin/dart used by the Romans and Byzantines to maim and kill their enemies. In the units so equipped, each soldier would have 5 plumbatae on the inside of his shield, and would rain wickedly barbed death upon their poorly-coordinated adversaries from a point well outside the range of more conventional throwing spears and javelins.

It's the piece positioned horizontally in the center:
n1937295_39996133_385.jpg

So what is the meaning of carobran, eh?

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

I know I've related this before, but a plumbata is a lead-weighted, fletched, and lightweight javelin/dart used by the Romans and Byzantines to maim and kill their enemies. In the units so equipped, each soldier would have 5 plumbatae on the inside of his shield, and would rain wickedly barbed death upon their poorly-coordinated adversaries from a point well outside the range of more conventional throwing spears and javelins.

It's the piece positioned horizontally in the center:
n1937295_39996133_385.jpg

So what is the meaning of carobran, eh?
OHHHH........ok....... but if anybody laughs i know people who know people who know people who know a guys cousin that will make your life miserable[8D][;)]......well,as you know im not exactly Steve Jobs........so when i was registering instead of crashing the computer i got my mom to do it,i guess she though you had to use you email as your username so she put that,which is a combination of mine and my sisters names........not exactly what i would have chosen but im stuck with it now.........remember.......no [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]ing[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]

slag pile digger

Reaction score
I have alot of old bluestone quarries near me and I loved digging through all the piles of discarded rock (slag piles) for bluestone and bottles and chisels and anything old .......hence...slag pile digger. As i have aged my digging is more concentrated in dumps and the like......

coreya

Reaction score
First name and inital of last name, I adhere to the kiss principle (keep it simple stupid)

Ace10Tex

Reaction score
Mine is actually an abbreviation for a place close to where I live and to my heart and it used to be my poker playing screen name but I came up with it because you cannot have a Royal flush in poker or a high straight without these 2 cards and it is a play on words. btw I have been very lucky and have had a Royal Flush in 3 of the 4 suits..all but clubs!!but that has been online...never in live play!! Go figure!!
Ace 10 Tex =Austin,Texas

Many friends I still have online know me only by Ace so I still use it. I actually worked with a guy for a short time by the name and this was his birth name....Ace King....think his daddy might have been a card player?!?! HH Ace

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter