An ebayer with a little rage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I was checking this guys auctions, someone questionsed his small shipping charge of $12 for a little pontil med, and he went off on them, I just don't see how this helps his business, it sure scares me about dealing with them, even though I know he is a good guy overall.
9965ralph

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I always have to wonder why a guy has nothing better to do than this, if you don’t like don’t look, and check out whatr I sell, in the long run mister know it all I lose money, so………….mind your own business, I do not need yours
Strangely, he's right, you don't like it, don't bid. I don't and I won't.[:D] Soon it will cost $1.08 for that $12 shipping so if you want it, BIN. Later it will be $13.08 shipping.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
the whole program sucks! the guys probably angry because ebay is already screwing him so hard. once my auctions end im done with it. But...... he does state he ships priority and insures at any price. So figure it this way.....packing materials cost about $1.00 per bottle, insurance on a $50.00 item is about $3.00 and shipping price for priority starts at $7.00. That my friends adds up to $11.00. So he is overcharging by $1.00 and that dollar you can say is compensation for him putting up with buyers who constantly complain. I lose on shipping for 100% of my sales to keep the price low. He is right...if you dont like it dont buy it, but if you look at the facts the truth is, he is being reasonable. Buy a necklace off of QVC or the home shopping network, they will charge you $19.99 for shipping and it takes 8 weeks!!! The alternative is going to a bottle show where that bottle will cost $40.00, but if your looking for free shipping go overpay at a bottle show.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I'm not buying that. Priority mail small flat rate insured for $100 is $7.45. But beyond that is the attitude he is taking with a potential buyer and exposing it for all to see, I can see no good coming from it. The seller can do whatever he wants because it is his item and we shouldn't complain, but following that logic, then ebay can do whatever they want and we shouldn't complain. They can do it, but that doesn't make it right and I don't have to like it.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Bill, while I totally agree with Ralph on this one. I agree it was foolish to post this on a listing. I have not been selling much lately on ebay but always wondered why people wasted their time to write me to tell me that I was doing something wrong with shipping, etc.. Ralph is a good guy and I have had many dealings with him all pleasant. I could care less if sellers want $100 to ship their item. That is their decision, and can charge what they want for their time packaging, running to the P.O. etc.. My decision is whether or not I think their time is worth that to me. Just like any other service or goods I purchase in my life.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Your right about the ebay logic too. It is their company and they can run it as they see fit, I can choose whether or not it works for me an go on living.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I agree it was foolish to post this on a listing
All well said Doug, and I agree. My first post didn't question his charges, only that he put his reply in his ad like that. Maybe he was having a bad day.

digger don

Reaction score
I agree with Ralph also. I've had many dealing with Ralph all went very well . If the guy who wrote him doesn't like something don't bid . I've had a guy write me and tell me my dates were wrong on how I described a bottle and actually got kind of nasty. Blade had a similar thing happen to him about the color of a bottle. Who are these people ( EBAY POLICE ) they really gotta get a life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26