august 30th? finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigghouse

Reaction score
its not a dump its a harbor!!!!! if those people shoot me thow i wont b able to go there anymore[:(]

anna[:D]

madman

Reaction score
hey anna those r some cool finds id be going back to that one best of luck mike

Georgia Peach

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

My torpedo bottle that I posted the photo of also has the blob top like yours & I was told mine dates 1880-1900. You had a lot of great bottles in that find, hope you get to go back.

Kim

sunrunner

Reaction score
anna: i am glade, you found somthing,i think i toled you to look neer the shorlin when your on the cost or in a townon the cost. the bottle your calling a submorein,is referd to as a torpedo,and thay began making them in the 1850s. thay are mineral waters and the reson thay are shape thate way, is so thay can lay on ther sides so the cork wood not dryout. thuosens of thes bottles were shiped, hear from england and ireland,as balist in ships.

diggincajun

Reaction score
Hi, How do you do it along the creek beds, I'm really truthfully what to know. What is your teachnic in finding along the water?
Kim James

bigghouse

Reaction score
well u look for the bottles sticking up (the water keeps the mud way so they never sink to far) and if u step on something slippery (be aware u will fall at lease 200000 times[:eek:]) then u pull it out and if its broken or an ugly one u throw it at the people that think ur illigaly clamming[8D], no i.m just kidding[>:] throw it where u wont see it and fall for it a again. and u'v got a bottle. if ur scared of seaworms (sometimes 2 feet long) with (sometimes inch long black fangs) i would reckomend not surching in a river[:-].

anna

diggincajun

Reaction score
Got it Anna, seaworm, throw, hit people, run, in that order :) The reason I ask I'm going to be going back to the bayou land and know alot of bayou's that had not be dredged yet that had settlement there in the early 1800's. I just thought there was a special technic, but heck the old fashion way of just stepping on them or actually scraping them along the bank will for for me.
Thanks Anna
Kim James

bigghouse

Reaction score
i found this on ebay. wat was a wyeth used for??

thanks anna

BE947F2FF4274CCABED11A7668EFEA43.jpg

Attachments

• BE947F2FF4274CCABED11A7668EFEA43.jpg
    BE947F2FF4274CCABED11A7668EFEA43.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 63

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Anna, that was used for eye medicine. There would have been a cobalt blue eye cup that went with that bottle. [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1