Do uses of this forum help with values?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ziggy138

Reaction score
We don't use eBay for selling things. Too many issues and with the direction eBay has been going for the past couple of years, there's no longer a guarantee or expectation that you will get a good number of potential collectors even looking at your items. I constantly am being told by friends who sell on eBay that they routinely are told by high bidders that their high bid was hundreds or thousands higher than the final bid price.

I'm pretty well aware of condition issues, color and other physical traits when it comes to desirability. What I seem to be having a problem with is the rarity and local significance or desirability. I guess I'm still new enough at the antiques trade that it still bothers me a bit if I find out that I sold something for far below the potential value. My website has the ability for shoppers to make offers. If I can't find the approximate value of something, I can just price it high and shoppers can make offers and some will even give some info about the items.

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
it still bothers me a bit if I find out that I sold something for far below the potential value
If it bothers you that bad, does it bother you when you buy something at much lower price than what you thought it was going to sell for? We all sell things sometimes for a lot less than what we thought it would sell for, but if you sell 10 items for more than you thought, and sell one for a little less, you still made money and moved some items. Sometimes thats what you have to do. If its gonna bother you, then you better not get into the the selling busines, only collect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers