DR. C.W.G. SCHLEMM'S WINE OF DANDELION & IRON BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

smithman29

Reaction score
Hello again to all. Once again I'd like to solicit forum membership opinions regarding another bottle about which I can find no information.
It is an 8-1/4" tall, honey amber colored, rectangular medicine-style shaped bottle, with one sunken panel that reads DR. C.W.G.SCHLEMM'S / WINE OF / DANDELION AND IRON. It is smooth based, with seams ending at neck base. This bottle is in attic mint condition.
Any information; to include background, approximate age, relative scarcity, and value opinions regarding this bottle would be very welcome. Unfortunately I cannot post pictures due to oversize problem. Thank you, in advance, for any help that forum membership can offer. Best regards to all.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I believe Charles W G Schlemm trademarked that medicine in Reading PA around 1884.
I havent seen one sell for a while. It is #3101 in my medicine guide.

smithman29

Reaction score
Hi Gunther: Many thanks for your very informative reply. The Reading, PA. connection makes a lot of sense as the bottle was purchased a few years ago at the Leesport, PA flea market which is only about 7-8 miles from Reading. Do you know anything else about it? Best regards and thanks again, smithman29.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem