How to tell if it's a good place to look?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

anj2006

Reaction score
When was your county seat established? And how far Was it moved from its original place???

foster2100

Reaction score
Yes it is a nice place to live even though I'm not in my hometown this feels a lot like it everybody knows who you are and will ask how your doing. I'm only a little over an hour from my dad so we go out and explore over in my home county, last time we went out he was showing me where my grandma was raised and it's under water now but we was able to find the old silo it was stone and that was so awesome, there was still furrows in the field from over 50 years ago.

anj2006

Reaction score
Thats a nice year, has to be some good places to dig??? Under water, wow thats crazy. Did they make a dam or something?

anj2006

Reaction score
Look online at the old plat or sanborn maps they will show you where houses were built and everyother structure for that matter! Almost every town/city has a map! That will show you where you can and want to dig, gives you a ( lay of the land) shall i say.

anj2006

Reaction score
Penn state university has a awsome collection of maps! I have used them plenty of times. You can actually download them to your phone, i have and take them with you in the field!! Washington, the library of Congress has some great stuff to.

foster2100

Reaction score
Thats a nice year, has to be some good places to dig??? Under water, wow thats crazy. Did they make a dam or something?

Lake on its on the outer fingers ya know like shallower waters. My wifes grandma and grandpa grew up on the same holler and went to the same one room school. I was raised by my Great Grandmother and she helped raise my dad and his brothers growing up as well. This area is full of history but unfortunately it is in a flood plain. When the weather breaks this month I'll be back out digging on the dump.

anj2006

Reaction score
Yes that is correct. I would go check out that old school house! Get permission!!!! I cant stress this enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a story about not getting permission and its not a good one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson