How to tell if it's a good place to look?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
What everybody else said.

Actually bottles/dumps can be virtually anywhere. I have been at this since 1969 and I've found dumps so deep in the woods you wonder how anyone got out there to dump the stuff. No hint of any roads or dwellings. Research, though, is your friend...

anj2006

Reaction score
Yes, research is a very good thing glasshopper55!!! You are right they can be anywhere.

anj2006

Reaction score
Think about it, take an old counrty road, and it just dont get used for say,,, a hundred years because the only house that was on it, heck i dont no, say it caught fire. Mother nature takes it back!! It dose not even look like it was a road anymore, i have found a bottle in the root system of a tree that was probably over a hundred years old. It is pretty neat how a landscape can change!!! You would not even think someone lived or traveled there..

foster2100

Reaction score
Think about it, take an old counrty road, and it just dont get used for say,,, a hundred years because the only house that was on it, heck i dont no, say it caught fire. Mother nature takes it back!! It dose not even look like it was a road anymore, i have found a bottle in the root system of a tree that was probably over a hundred years old. It is pretty neat how a landscape can change!!! You would not even think someone lived or traveled there..

I often think about the very things you mentioned. Me and my wife will just drive out onto old country roads and just spend an afternoon looking at the scenery around us, I'm always quick to point out the old country stores and houses and barns. :-D

anj2006

Reaction score
Go to the library. You will find history of your town and surrounding areas there.

anj2006

Reaction score
You dont have a railroad? Man, sounds like a place i want to live.. :)quite!!!

foster2100

Reaction score
The county that we live in the courthouse was moved a couple of times due to the people at the time wanting a new county seat and it was finally decided to be moved to its current and final location after I believe two moves. We've got a really good resource though the county newspaper isn't very popular so an independent online publication and they regularly post things from the past about the county and the history here. This is a really small county I believe the last census said there was maybe a 1,000 living inside of town so most of it is rural and really spread out.

foster2100

Reaction score
You dont have a railroad? Man, sounds like a place i want to live.. :)quite!!!

I couldn't believe it either when i met my wife, i also couldn't believe that there wasn't a McDonalds or Wal Mart here LOL. We're an hour away from the closest Wal Mart or McDonalds. We just did get a Biscuit World here and that was big time news!

anj2006

Reaction score
I have always loved what god gave me! Not man, except bottles!!! Lol. Sounds like a nice place to live. I live in the country, but twenty mins from walmart and various other money grabbing establishments...

anj2006

Reaction score
Me and my wife do the same! Its a nice thing to do! Gives you a piece of mind...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson