Just got back into collecting...oh my...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cherise

Reaction score
i have a rather small collection, noting to fancy....mostly alot of commons...but i got the bug again and looking for some more bottles (my wife will love this!)...it is crazy what people are thinking bottles are worth...even the commons from 70's and 80's...found some on craigslist list and the guy had a wooden crate and 29 bottles (all from 70s & 80s pepsi, tab and dew)....he wanted $1,200...even on ebay, i cant justify paying what they want for the bottle plus shipping...and usually the shipping is more than the bottle itself...granted you don't have to drive and search but 15-20 buck for an average bottle is crazy.....is it just me or has the times change...i haven't collected for about ten years now...

jays emporium

Reaction score
I don't think bottle collecting has changed that much in the last 10 years. 30 years ago ACL sodas were not real popular yet and looked down on by many bottle collectors but by the 1990s they became quite popular. But in the last 10 years not much has changed. I go to lots of flea markets, antique malls, garage sales, estate sales and bottle shows. At the fleas I find hundreds of common ACLs and they are ususlly a dollar or two. Sometimes I find some good ones among the dollar bottles. Sometimes at estate sales I buy hundreds of bottles at a time, very reasonable. Anyway, if you get out and look for them you can find some good deals. I'm in Texas but travel all over the eastern USA. I find better deals in northern states than here in Texas.

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
spend the time driving . and 15-20 bucks won't seem so to be so much the person selling has gas into the item . many people drive all over in pursuit of bottles, if i can get one for 15-20 with shipping i consider that a bargain . , buy and sell so you can build your collection it is what many people do , find some bottles that some one else will trade for , but you have to spend time and money in order to do that

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter