Need Help from Experienced Ebay Seller

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JustGlass

Reaction score
I just had a bottle listed on ebay won by a bidder from Ukraine. I don't ship out of the U.S. and that was stated in the auction listing. Do I have to cancel the transaction to get my final value fee back? I see where it says both parties have to agree and Im not sure thats going to happen. Even If I wanted to ship it I can't read buyers address or name because it's not in english. I guess I should have taken foreign language in school. I don't mind shipping to canada, hawaii and alaska but thats my limit.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
RE: Neeed Help from Experienced Ebay Seller

Hey Just. You could take it to the post office and charge them the actual shipping - if you wanted. Otherwise, I would contact ebay help. They have a live service and will walk you through it.

JustGlass

Reaction score
RE: Neeed Help from Experienced Ebay Seller

I still don't know how to address it for shipping. I can't read the address or even write it.

nhpharm

Reaction score
If you ship through the ebay shipping system, you just go through the normal process...it will make out the customs forms and everything for you. If you want to cancel the transaction, refund the guy's money and then file a cancel transaction request on ebay...if he doesn't respond within a few days you can close the case and get your final value fees back.

JustGlass

Reaction score
I email buyer and told him I don't ship to Ukraine. He hasn't paid for bottle. I then canceled auction through ebay. If he doesn't agree to cancellation I still have to pay the final value fee even though I had it stated that I only ship to the U.S....that just doesn't seem right.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
To avoid it in the future make sure you have both no International shipping and block bidders from countries you don't ship to checked in your preferences. Ebay used to be easy but has gotten so screwed up in the past few years. I've all but abandoned it.

nhpharm

Reaction score
If you cancel the transaction and he does not respond, you can close the case after waiting some period of time and you will still get your money back. If he rejects the cancellation, you'll need to talk to eBay, but people are rarely that spiteful.

nhpharm

Reaction score
By the way, you might consider selling overseas...probably 60% or so of my revenue selling on eBay comes from overseas. Lots of people out there looking for very specific things...it has definitely proved worthwhile for me and I honestly have had effectively no issues with any overseas bidders.

JustGlass

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones info it's been a real help. I use to ship overseas but had problems with boxes arriving in bad shape and two bottles damaged. Also had one that never found it's destination. I still wonder were that one ended up.

janette

Reaction score
I need advise for selling on eBay. How do you give condition? I'm totally green w/ experience =( I appreciate any and all help. Thx

8960E489996F42CB8A4AAD270808A522.jpg

Attachments

• 8960E489996F42CB8A4AAD270808A522.jpg
    8960E489996F42CB8A4AAD270808A522.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 77

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960