Rare Local Iron Pontil Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks again for checking it out. I still didn't get to do my good photo shoot yet, but the color in these pics is pretty close to right on. The few other ones I have seen have all been a lighter green, not the deep teal or blue-green of this one. ~Jim

Plumbata

Reaction score
That is one minty fresh bottle! You don't dig em in that condition.

I wonder, now that you have the one Lewistown bottle you desired the most, what will you be searching for now? Have anything in mind?

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
That's a great looking bottle. BTW, I couldn't help but notice the pattern in the glass that I had to blow up and look at more carefully. It looks to me like a man in a suit wearing a tie. Does anyone else see it?

7A793D5852C946F29D22D8F340EB3B3F.jpg

Attachments

• 7A793D5852C946F29D22D8F340EB3B3F.jpg
    7A793D5852C946F29D22D8F340EB3B3F.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 58

epackage

Reaction score
Congrat's Jim, nice to see someone else get a dream bottle along with me in the same week !!!!
JIm

Jim

Reaction score
This is my dream bottle for sure! The whittle on this bottle makes all kinds of crazy patterns. I can see the suit and tie guy in your pic, Dan. I wonder if his name might be George Soult or Henry Zerbe. A haunted bottle might be cool, as long as it's not a poltergeist [:D].

I have a few other good local bottles that I'm going to focus my attention on now. There is a rare tall blob beer from Lewistown and also a killer 1860s-70s teal porter from a few miles down the road that I would love to have. I love a challenge (even though I'm very impatient), so now that this one is fulfilled, I need something else to drive me insane for a few years until I find one [:D]. ~Jim

Jim

Reaction score
OK, I finally got some decent window shots of both of my Lewistown squats in natural light. They are posted in the Sodas section of the forum. I have also updated my website again with better pictures of the sodas and added historical information. Now, my druggists section needs better pictures. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter